Best AA teams in West Tennessee? Who are they?

diamondd1pro

Dyersburg TN??? Are you saying they have 4 pitchers that throw in the upper 80's? Very, very hard to believe!!! Not knocking the team though. They're solid to say the least. Just didn't see that kind of velocity from them in the tournament up in the lower counties.

It is there. You just have not seen a lot becuase it has not been needed. Two of these kids are everyday players but can Pitch when necessary. The other two relieve. One is out with an injury the other is a Soph. and is still developing. I can also tell you that both Dyersburg and Dyer County have a lot of up and coming talented pitchers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i've seen they only have a solid #1, their #2 is alright, but not overpowering. Also I've seen their pen get roughed up, as they don't have anyone coming pumping in gas. that's why i put my analysis as is, i mean i've not seen them play in a month or so either. they could be far better now.

I have gas....does that make me a good pitcher? Might just be the lunch!!

Well your an old Fart that is why you have gas. But I can tell you that Dyersburg has pitching. They have left handers, right handers, curveballers, guys that throw hard and even a guy that throws submarine (if that is the correct term). They can bring a pitcher in for any situation. Go trojans,

You don't need gas all of the time. Dyersburg's 1 & 2 are as solid as anyone's. The number 2 pitcher is 6-0 with 1 no decision. The pitching staff is deeper than anyone thinks. They probably have an equal number of lefties and righties. They have not needed the gas as of late becuase the starters have gone the distance. But they have a left hander and 3 righties than can throw 86++. Dyersburg continues to get better every week with great coaching and hard work.

I didn't mean to get anything going crazy here, but I did say I haven't seen d'burg in a while. However, saying that I also have to say that I seriously doubt they have 4 guys that throw 86+. Maybe one, pushing two, but even in college 86 is still putting the ball in there very quickly. I'm not doubting that they may have 1 or 2, but I'm sayin no way to 4. I'd have to put them all on the gun personally, and I'd be willing to bet money that there is not one single team in the state of tennessee that has 4 guys throwing 85, much less 86+. I'm not calling you a liar, I just believe you to be mis-informed.

IMO, the best three AA teams in West Tn, and probably the State, are (in no particular order) Covington, Lexington and USJ. These three are followed closely by (in no particular order) Milan, Dyer County and Dyersburg. If Jonathan White was healthy, Milan would be in the first group.

I dont think there is a team that has just a dominant hold on all the other teams. Any one of those teams could get beaten by the other.

I agree. Probably the thing that will seperate these teams is pitching. I think USJ and Lexington have the strongest overall pitching staffs with Covington being a close 3rd.

I dont think there is a team that has just a dominant hold on all the other teams. Any one of those teams could get beaten by the other.

True, and Lexington is also going to have an advantage because they get to go to middle TN to play region and sub-state games, and not have to face USJ, Covington, Milan, or anyone else from that region. It won't be easy, but it will be a bit easier than going West.