Hillwood football

runtheball

I'm not against any coach that has a job. All I'm saying is they came along at the right time, and had some help. Most of the time this is the case. This happened 25-30 years ago,and is happening now. What is sad is that Metro has very few good coaches to select from as compared to the past.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not against any coach that has a job. All I'm saying is they came along at the right time, and had some help. Most of the time this is the case. This happened 25-30 years ago,and is happening now. What is sad is that Metro has very few good coaches to select from as compared to the past.

Hey RTB...who are some good ones from the past that you think got passed over?

Edited by Lifer

I already made my list of coaches I would like to see running the sidelines of Hillwood next year but I am open for discussion so if you believe that there are BETTER coaches that I should have named than defend your position, name some coaches and why you believe their good choices and you might make me their biggest fan.

What makes these guys so special, that they should be Head coaches? I know and like Mose alot, but there is no way he should be considered yet. Some of these guys are not even certified teachers, and one can not be hired because of some past happenings. How well do you know these guys and are a coach of public schools to know what it takes. These guys are not ready.

What makes these guys so special, that they should be Head coaches? I know and like Mose alot, but there is no way he should be considered yet. Some of these guys are not even certified teachers, and one can not be hired because of some past happenings. How well do you know these guys and are a coach of public schools to know what it takes. These guys are not ready.

Which had past problems? That I didnt know. Also Ive put those guys out of my mind you all have made good points so I just wanted some new names to check out.

There are 3 good assistants in my mine. Baskin and Green at McGavock. Bush at Antioch. I think these guys are ready and could do well. They are probably more qualified than some Head coaches in Metro. The sad part is that they will probably be past over for Hillwood and Hillsboro. 2 others are Gore and Herzog at Hillsboro.

Edited by runtheball

Pete Bush,Larry Overby, Gerald Johnson, Jim Oversteet,Jimmy Cartwright,Doris Armstong ( when he was young), Billy Whitaker, Ronnie Wilson,And Lifer.

Your buddy shadow had a couple of good o-line coaches in Peden and Johnson I always thought should have gotten a shot. Also, I'd add Jim Norris to that list (although I don't know that he ever had any interest in being a head football coach.) I always thought Wayne Parker should have stayed in coaching, too. As for current assistants,what about Moreno?