Oliver Springs - New HC?

oldbruin

Coach Johnson announced to the team after the scrimmage last night, that he is indeed retiring after this school year. Unless some sort of snaffu happens, it will be Coach McKameys job next year.

Good guy, good coach-wish him well.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when this will become official? and, how did the scrimmage go?

Don't know when the hiring of a new coach will become official, but, my guess is it will be after the end of this school year, sometime this summer. As for the scrimmage, OS scrimmaged Claiborne Co, in an earlier post I said Cumberland Co, that was wrong. By my count each team scored three times, lots of substitution late in the scrimmage. One thing that stuck out was the multiple formations Oliver Springs ran on offense, a far cry from the I formation, run it up the gut style of football that has been OS's trademark through the years. Coach McKamey has been working with the team during workouts and during the two weeks of spring practice.

Edited by catback

as long as OZ keeps the refs on thier side like they did aginst wartburg then they will be good no matter who thay play

:blink: Oh yea!! lets take a look at Wartburg.

Last years record, they lost to:

Oneida 21-8, Coalfield 46-6, Rockwood 27-0, Harriman 28-7, Sweetwater 12-7

Knox Catholic 49-14, Alcoa 68-7, CAK 45-19, Loudon 60-21, and Oliver Springs 33-22.

An 0-10 record, looks like a lot of teams had the refs on their side against Wartburg, your too funny! :blink:

as long as OZ keeps the refs on thier side like they did aginst wartburg then they will be good no matter who thay play

Uh ok yeah that is one way to look at it i guess the reasoning that wartburg was outplayed and outcoached like they were all season long had nothing to do with you guys losing. What are you going to say next, the only reason alcoa beat you was because they ran too fast and that was not fair, i mean come on it is one thing to think that you should have done better but trying to blame the refs for your teams loss is not only stupid and childish but it is a loser's attitude and maybe that was wartburg's problem last year cause according to you guys last year was suppose to be one of the best in wartburg history with your "State Best" line and your all great and mighty seth george at running back, so maybe you guys should quit blaming the refs and blame yourselves for your misfortune cause you guys aint going to get any better until you realize it isnt anyone elses fault but your own for last season. Oh and by the way nice name i guess you hit the nail on the head when you came up with it cause you apparently dont have any sportsmanship if you are blaming a loss on the refs. So my advice to you is quit worrying about the refs and just play and maybe just maybe you might luck up and beat someone this year.

Edited by rufus22

What's the latest news? Will the administration be taking serious applications or is McKamey the man?

The school will be conducting interviews under the nomal process, While McKamey may be the front runner, nothings for sure until you sign on the dotted line. I hope McKamey does get it though.

• 2 weeks later...