District 3AAA and 4AAA tournaments

bizazz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the district 3AAA and 4AAA tournament schedules been set yet?

I'd like to catch a couple of games.

3AAA begins on Friday at two sites.

At Helton-Ridley, Central and Campbell County play at 5:30, while Oak Ridge and Powell meet at 7:30.

At Karns, Karns meets West, and Halls and Clinton play in the first round.

On Saturday, games are at both sites at 1 PM and 3:30.

Biz,

I believe the AAAD4 tournament will be held at South Doyle and WmBlount. At South Doyle, it should be Farragut (4) vs. Maryville (5), and South Doyle (1) vs. Lenoir City (8). At WmBlount, it should be Bearden (3) vs. Heritage (6) and WmBlount (2) vs. Sevier Co. (7).

I think the tournament round 1 will be Friday, with round 2 scheduled for Saturday at the same sites. Not sure about times just yet.

Biz,

I believe the AAAD4 tournament will be held at South Doyle and WmBlount. At South Doyle, it should be Farragut (4) vs. Maryville (5), and South Doyle (1) vs. Lenoir City (8). At WmBlount, it should be Bearden (3) vs. Heritage (6) and WmBlount (2) vs. Sevier Co. (7).

I think the tournament round 1 will be Friday, with round 2 scheduled for Saturday at the same sites. Not sure about times just yet.

Hey, LC could still steal 7th. I think they have a game remaining with South-Doyle and one with Bearden. All they need is to win one of those games. :(;)

Sorry, LC, I didn't mean to jump the gun. I didn't realize the Panthers still have district games left. I thought all D4 teams had finished their district schedules. I apologize -- but that's my fault and lack of research.

Biz, it's hard to remember when FHS didn't host part of the AAAD4 tournament. Seems to me, FHS has won either the regular season or tournament championship each year since Tommy Pharr has been coach, since 1998. Seems like there were a couple of years that FHS finished as regular season runner up, but won the tournament.

The News Sentinel's website shows these standings. http://stats.prepxtra.com/sport/baseball/C...oys&SportID=BSB

Clicking on each team shows the season results.

I remember Farragut finishing second to Bearden in either 2000 or 2001, but the Ads won the tournament, and they hosted a pool that year.

It won't be the same not seeing any district games there. There's still the chance at hosting a regional game though.

Sorry, LC, I didn't mean to jump the gun. I didn't realize the Panthers still have district games left. I thought all D4 teams had finished their district schedules. I apologize -- but that's my fault and lack of research.

No prob. I think that the South-Doyle/LC game on April 21 was rained out. At least, I haven't been able to find a score for it. LC's last regularly-scheduled game in the district is tonight with Bearden. They also have a game scheduled for tomorrow with Ooltewah. I haven't heard when or if the S-D game will be made up if it was rained out. I guess it would have to be Wednesday or Thursday.

I guess they'll make up the game because it could (theoretically) change who finishes 7/8. I know it's not likely to, but it could. I guess they wouldn't need to play it if LC beats Bearden tonight (again, not likely).

Coach T's standings and the KnoxPreps standings are both off by a few games for some teams. For example, KnoxPreps has S-D at 11-1 but they've lost to Bearden and Farragut.

I remember Farragut finishing second to Bearden in either 2000 or 2001, but the Ads won the tournament, and they hosted a pool that year.

It won't be the same not seeing any district games there. There's still the chance at hosting a regional game though.

Wasn't Brett Carroll at Bearden in 2000 or 2001? That kid was something. Watched him at MTSU for a couple years. I think he's doing pretty good in A ball this year. Just wondering.