District 3AAA and 4AAA tournaments

bizazz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, Sevier County is the 8 seed and Lenior City will be the 7 seed.

If LC beats S-D in a makeup game tonight (yeah, I know) they will be 7-seed. If they lose, SC and LC will both finish 1-13. LC and SC split during the regular season. If the tiebreaker is victory margin, SC beat LC by 5 and LC beat SC by 2, according to CoachT. I think that gives 7 to SC.

Either way...

Edited by LCborn

I just got the word that the start of the district 3AAA tourney has been moved up a day and will start on Thursday instead of Friday. Everything else on the bracket is the same. There simply won't be any games played on Friday.

Edited by HTV

Biz,

I believe the AAAD4 tournament will be held at South Doyle and WmBlount. At South Doyle, it should be Farragut (4) vs. Maryville (5), and South Doyle (1) vs. Lenoir City (8). At WmBlount, it should be Bearden (3) vs. Heritage (6) and WmBlount (2) vs. Sevier Co. (7).

I think the tournament round 1 will be Friday, with round 2 scheduled for Saturday at the same sites. Not sure about times just yet.

If LC beats S-D in a makeup game tonight (yeah, I know) they will be 7-seed. If they lose, SC and LC will both finish 1-13. LC and SC split during the regular season. If the tiebreaker is victory margin, SC beat LC by 5 and LC beat SC by 2, according to CoachT. I think that gives 7 to SC.

Either way...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it goes by a random drawing at the beginning of the year if they split the series and have the same record, and I'm positive that Lenoir City got the higher drawing so that would mean that we (South Doyle) would play Sevier County...I'm pretty sure that's right, at least according to our coach.

Biz,

I believe the AAAD4 tournament will be held at South Doyle and WmBlount. At South Doyle, it should be Farragut (4) vs. Maryville (5), and South Doyle (1) vs. Lenoir City (8). At WmBlount, it should be Bearden (3) vs. Heritage (6) and WmBlount (2) vs. Sevier Co. (7).

I think the tournament round 1 will be Friday, with round 2 scheduled for Saturday at the same sites. Not sure about times just yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it goes by a random drawing at the beginning of the year if they split the series and have the same record, and I'm positive that Lenoir City got the higher drawing so that would mean that we (South Doyle) would play Sevier County...I'm pretty sure that's right, at least according to our coach.

That's the way District 4 tiebreakers have been settled in the past (coin flip).