Catchers

War Eagles

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will a surprize to many...but as a sophmore, he wont' impress you much yet, as he hasn't filled out, and the power numbers aren't there. but Drew Brown from McKenzie has to be a pretty good standout catcher. He's called the games since he's started as a freshmen, yes that's right he calls his own games. Not to mention he's caught some pretty good pitching with Drew Hayes being arguably the best pitcher in the state, but certainly in west tenn. if he fills out more (as he will) body wise, and will work hard at the offensive side, he'll be a solid pickup in 2 years for any college team.

Who are the best catchers in the state regardless of classification?

Warren County's Josh bratcher is as good as they come..He is solid behind the plate , and can throw to any base accurately..Also a very good hitter...tough out at the plate and real good in the clutch..This kid just sets back there, stays still to give blue a good look and has never turned around to question a ball/ strike call that I know of ..Umps appreciate that..I know there are alot of good catchers in the state, but this kid deserves to be mentioned with the best...going to make some college a very good player next year..

Warren County's Josh bratcher is as good as they come..He is solid behind the plate , and can throw to any base accurately..Also a very good hitter...tough out at the plate and real good in the clutch..This kid just sets back there, stays still to give blue a good look and has never turned around to question a ball/ strike call that I know of ..Umps appreciate that..I know there are alot of good catchers in the state, but this kid deserves to be mentioned with the best...going to make some college a very good player next year..

Is he finally a senior this year? It has been fun watching him play the past 6 or 7 years <_<

Is he finally a senior this year? It has been fun watching him play the past 6 or 7 years <_<

Vernon at Overton is the best no doubt. Trey Stewart at Shelbyville not far behind. Stewart's not hitting well but defensively he's big strong, blocks balls, blocks plate, throws strong. The hitting could come any day.