Spring Practice

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody starting spring practice in the next couple of weeks? What scrimmages are scheduled? Around the KIL who needs to replace the most? Who will the North Knoxville Schools Powell, Central, and Halls put under center? Will Bearden find a coach soon enough to have Spring Practice?

Halls Usually doesn't have their starting QB in the spring. Their typically still with the baseball team. I don't know about this spring though. I do know that Halls has to replace all their defense and 8 or 9 on offense, so it should be interesting.

Halls Scrimages Kingsport DB on May 12 at 6:00 at Halls. I don't know of any other scrimages yet.

Halls will go under center with Junior Cooper or sophomore Turner or both.

Cooper will have to finish Baseball and I don't know if Turner is back from rehab for the surgery on his arm yet? So spring practice may not see either one of them.

I have no clue who is third on the depth chart.

Edited by ZCAR

HTV any word on how the Panthers look? Heard they scrimmage O.R. When and where?

Medman how about Central? When do they go out? Who will be replaceing 4 year starter Zac Helton? Big shoes to fill no doubt!

Any word from S.D., A.E., Carter, Fulton, Halls, West, Bearden, Karns, Farragut, etc...

HTV any word on how the Panthers look? Heard they scrimmage O.R. When and where?

Medman how about Central? When do they go out? Who will be replaceing 4 year starter Zac Helton? Big shoes to fill no doubt!

Any word from S.D., A.E., Carter, Fulton, Halls, West, Bearden, Karns, Farragut, etc...

From what i've gathered, the coaches saw some good things in week one, and some things that need some work. In other words, it was a typical first week of spring. The team held an intrasquad scrimmage on Friday. The players whom one would expect to look good - Bruhin, McGaha, Huffaker, Lakin, Tex, Allen - all showed why they are highly thought of.

About 8 players are still in baseball or track, 6 of whom are likely starters, or will push for a starting job.

Matt Abba is getting most of the snaps at quarterback. He's made some good plays, and he's made some mistakes. Again, typical spring for a first time potential starter.

The real test will come this Friday when Powell travels to Oak Ridge for a scrimmage to wrap up spring.