6-AA tournament

Indian

She pitched the the end of the ER-Hixson match and I thought she wasn't as sharp as she was the night before. Baker picked up where she left off and and pitched one of the best high school games I saw this year (60+-). It is difficult to play a game over 2 days and be consistantly good both days. There wasn't any drop off in her pitching.

Were you talking about Porchia's hit against ER. It would have been an inside the park home run against most teams on Hargraves. Brock was on the ball so fast she was easily thrown out at third on a gap shot to right center. That was the game winner for ER. She would have been on 3rd with 0 or 1 outs and should have scored. That game would have been over in 7 innings.

But what do I know, I have been coaching 20+ years.

No the one she hit against Bledsoe last night.....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the one she hit against Bledsoe last night.....

Porchia had two of the best hits of the tournament. Both line drive shots.

Had she hit the one against Bledsoe over the centerfielders head it should have been a easy inside the park home run. That is the deepest part of Van Zant.

Bledsoe did a great job with runners on base. I do not call a Hixson batter advancing a base runner the whole game. They did a poor job bunting and advancing runners into scoring position. Thats one of the basic fundamentals of the game.

Porchia had two of the best hits of the tournament. Both line drive shots.

Had she hit the one against Bledsoe over the centerfielders head it should have been a easy inside the park home run. That is the deepest part of Van Zant.

Bledsoe did a great job with runners on base. I do not call a Hixson batter advancing a base runner the whole game. They did a poor job bunting and advancing runners into scoring position. Thats one of the basic fundamentals of the game.

She can hit the ball very good to be as little as she is.....

They also left Laura Brock of East Ridge off the team. Tenth highest average in the city (check the paper 5-12). Best lead off batter in the city ( on base average in her high school career so far around .650). The best defensive player in the area and being recuited by SEC softball teams. But she isn't good enough for the 6aa all district team. Not putting her and the Bledsoe pitcher on the all district team makes these awards totally worthless. If you can't give awards to the people who deserve them you should not give them at all. I know for a fact that the head caoches have a tremendous amount of leverage on who from their team gets awards and who did not. In most cases the head coach picks the players. The Bledsoe coach had only 2 choices because of their district record and where they finished. The higher in the standings you finish the more choices you get. East Ridge had 4 choices. The East Ridge head coach screwed one of the best players in the tri-state area.

While I'm preaching I will point out that the carwash episode is the 2nd time in 3 years I have seen a softball team underestimate their opponents and lose to teams they should have defeated easily. Bledsoe and East Ridge are good teams but their rosters cannot be compared to Hixson. Also playing on a large field was a disadvantage to Hixson. Balls that were homeruns on a small field were outs on a big field. Brock will catch it if its in the air and not a line drive. Look at the the last out in the Championship game. May have been the best shot of the tournament but just a long out.

Did anyone notice how fast the big crowd of Boyd Buchanan players, parents, fans and coaches headed for their cars as soon as the last out of the Bledsoe-Hixson game. They are thanking the softball gods they don't have to face Hixson in the first game of the region.

Good luck to all.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I hope Bledsoe continues on their roll and becomes the cinderella team for this tournament. Sorry Boyd and East Ridge. You have to admit the girls have WANT TO. Good luck Lady Warriors. Make the Valley proud.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I hope Bledsoe continues on their roll and becomes the cinderella team for this tournament. Sorry Boyd and East Ridge. You have to admit the girls have WANT TO. Good luck Lady Warriors. Make the Valley proud.

Thank You for support and we will just have to take it one game at a time and we will see how far we go....

thank you very much.....we would love to take to valley all the way......