Who will win 1A Mr Football

timbdp

I think a candidate for 1A Mr. Football should rarely come off the field.

I kind of agree with this statement but at the same time.. most of our fans would rather not see our Mr.Football candidate,Brandon Springer play defense..But with our school being so small ,he will probably go both ways..And we are definitely better with him on the field..The one thing I don't like is when there is a Mr.Football candidate on your team and they pull him out early without him really getting Mr.Football numbers..For instance..Dyer Co has a running back,Andre Flowers that should be in the mix for Mr.Football in 2A..Flowers had about 150 yards at the half and didn't play but a few plays in the 3rd quarter and finished with 161 yards..I know a coach doesn't want to get him hurt but at the same time he could get hurt the first play of the next game..That is a good nights work..but I believe it is taking away from getting him the recognition across the state and taking from him,his school and his community..If your're really pouring it on a team with a big lead..it's probably a tough call..hopefully in a case like that he will have his yards already....but to give a kid from your school a chance to win Mr.Football..I believe that kid has to impress and have a certain number of yards or tackles or interceptions if it's on defense so the pollsters or whoever across the state will notice ...Our coach does a good job as far as playing Springer..Springer already has the state record for most rushing yards in a season by a quarterback,not sure the TSSAA has recognized it officially yet,and I believe this season will be his best yet if he stays injury free.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if temple gets 1st or 2nd in the region, wins 1 or two playoff games and proves they are a good or above good single A football team, and seth has anywhere near the kind of year he had last year- he should hands down win mr. football.

Personally I think if they don't get 1st or 2nd but make the playoffs- he should still get it- I think he is the best single a player in the state- I just think that if what I mentioned above happens it will be a hands down decision

Edited by IOWNYOU149

I think that if temple gets 1st or 2nd in the region, wins 1 or two playoff games and proves they are a good or above good single A football team, and seth has anywhere near the kind of year he had last year- he should hands down win mr. football.

Personally I think if they don't get 1st or 2nd but make the playoffs- he should still get it- I think he is the best single a player in the state- I just think that if what I mentioned above happens it will be a hands down decision

You have lost your mind!!!!

Superwho wait just a second. Yes to win Mr. Football you need to have a good Jr. year but you dont go by the size of the player and how fast they are. Last year South Pitt had a 5'5 linebacker up for Mr. Football Lineman. What kind of stats did this Sims kid have last year.This is the first Ive heard of him.I agree with your choice for the backs though. My only problem i have is that neither of them go both ways. I think a candidate for 1A Mr. Football should rarely come off the field.

Smith will play alot in Gordonsville's secondary this year. I don't know about Rickaway. both of them are just juniors, so more than likely next year is their year. Sims will in know way be a candidate.

You have lost your mind!!!!

How about backing up your idiotic comment with some facts- maybe some reasoning would be helpful. Seth is one of the top ten players (all classifications) in the chattanooga area- and the best receiver single a in the state- Do you even want to know his numbers from his junior year? try 92 receptions- in 10 games 98- over 11 games- he had 23 tds and over 2,000 yards. He is 6'3'' weighs 223 and runs a 4.63-

Ok your turn-- why should he not get it?

How about backing up your idiotic comment with some facts- maybe some reasoning would be helpful. Seth is one of the top ten players (all classifications) in the chattanooga area- and the best receiver single a in the state- Do you even want to know his numbers from his junior year? try 92 receptions- in 10 games 98- over 11 games- he had 23 tds and over 2,000 yards. He is 6'3'' weighs 223 and runs a 4.63-

An Injury maybe?

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

My fellow FCS fan was not insulting your player (or at least i hope not) i believe he was insulting the idea that temple will get first or second in region, and then win two playoff games. Which i do not know the chance's on but i think second in region can happen for you as well as a playoff win. Personally i do not agree with him making fun of other teams chances, and i hope that with the numbers you mentioned that your player has a great year and makes memories for forever.

Iownyou, why should Skogen not get it? B/C Brandon Springer from Lake Co. is in the running. Stats, try 1,422 yards rushing as a So. ( State Record for QBs in a season) and 19 TD's. As a Junior 1,092 yards rushing and 24 TD's. Two Time All-State a former Region Offensive MVp among other numerous awards. The man is all about consistency, a 4 year starter at QB. He is probably the most unknown of the players out there. He definitely deserves recognition regardless if he wins the award or not. Oh almost forgot 6,2 185 lbs and a 4.65 forty.

Edited by wardawg2038

Skogen caught 8 passes for 183 yrds. and rushed the ball once for 26 yards- he had 3 tds- two receiving and one interception return for a touchdown- I think that is a start to a mr. football type year...

I agree with whoever said that he might not get it because of injuries- obviously that is a factor in anyone's career...

wardawg- sounds like he is a very good player- someone that very well could be in the running- as I obviously think skogen should be...