Tennessee State Soccer Champions

gameball

My goal in this thread is to give creedence to the polls from the outside looking in. Much Like MjUBB has done so well on the girls and is improving on the boys. I am a former player, who kept track of things for Tenn soccer for the sports web sites, and if you check Coacht history have been pretty accurate thru the years

I have made some good on line friends (LC Soccer,Hoya as well as Big G Express who do a prettty good job of assccessing teams. Due to my current job, I can never get on here and really keep track of things like I did before and want to now< HOWEVER I am on here for ride thru the playoffs. Please understand, I am not here to argue with ANY Team, just to give what I see as a fair outside acccessment, using records, Strength of schedule, Coaching, history, and location of games. Will I be wrong on some YES, I don't win in Las Vegas either, But I will give you a reasonable shot on every division.

If you have a question why about any team, ask, but please don't get on here filled with team pride and run up this thread. I would like it to have short comments or questions, NO PICTURES PLEASE, because then it takes up to much reading space.

I will name my top 4 and will adjust at the end of the week since SOMEONE will be upset THIS WEEK, Yep, count on at least one big shocker getting the final 8 teams to the State Tournament

OK: My top picks in each division in order of strength to win it all

b]Div II[/b]

CBHS- Will take a great game from someone to knock them out, you would have to score early and then play defense

BGA- If anyone can handle CBHS this is the team that can. A lot of the players play together on club and that will help in playoffs

McCallie- Tony Meyers team is not bad, and can make a run here

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Webb and Father Ryan, both are capable of a big surprise

A/AA

CAK- NOT chosen because they are the 3 time champions, these boys just want to win, and believe. They are up come playoff time

Catholic- Can win it all , great team, but cabable of off day, No off days and they are state champions, They can score on anyone

Notre Dame- Schemerhorns team is really in position to come out swinging and KO some top A/AA powers, on there game they could upset anyone!

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Chatt Christian- Don't write them off and a light vote for CPA. I wish I could call Madison tobe a finalist, but I can't, they can't play with my top 3 above. (Sorry guys, you are having a great and memorable season, but Jackson has no powers like the above3 beast of the east in A/AA

AAA

Houston- This is a quick, confident team that can play thru . Irby says this team is one of his best and he is right. He could stay undefeated

Hendersonville- They have improved all year long and play a physical game that goes a long ways in the playoffs. They just seem to keep coming at you and teams will fold in front of them

Farragut- Hmm, that is a outside choice, however, using my formula above, these boys have played a rough schedule with few losses. They have a way of being up for playoffs, and have the players and coaching to win

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Of course Brentwood, but they have played noone and haven't proven they can win the big game. Their only real challenge of the year was Hendesonville and they tied. They will go to states, just don't think they can win.

Bearden- I think this team can play, and they shine in playoff time. Science Hill, can make it to states, but I don't think the format would be freindly to them. So yes, they can make it, they just will not be able to take it(Titile)

Again, I will answer your questions, I just don't want to fight about your pride of your team......... :P:):lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TinMan , Yes they are in the order as I see their probability to win. In other words, the first team named I think has the best chance and in decending order. The outside chances are my wild cards. Now of course , it is my opinion but it is based on what I think are credible statistics and defensible against most arguments, EXCEPT , The upset and there are always those. .....Some teams upset people and go on, but most cause a big upset and then lose the next round. I remember you Tin man, a good red headed kid from Bearden.

TinMan , Yes they are in the order as I see their probability to win. In other words, the first team named I think has the best chance and in decending order. The outside chances are my wild cards. Now of course , it is my opinion but it is based on what I think are credible statistics and defensible against most arguments, EXCEPT , The upset and there are always those. .....Some teams upset people and go on, but most cause a big upset and then lose the next round. I remember you Tin man, a good red headed kid from Bearden.

it is always good to be remembered.

i like your choices, i too agree with you on the Brentwood issue and my bet is also for Houston (even though i would love to see Bearden pick up where we lost last year and hopefully have a rematch with Hendersonville).

CBHS is also my pick for state in that division.

and A/AA is all up to the desire of the teams, this division seems to me the best to watch because the top teams are so even.

You said you are going to update this every week, is it going to be on this thread or are you going to make another thread with the updates? just so i can keep a heads up.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or get anyone riled up, I was just wondering why you didn't have MBA in you wild card? I have seen them play twice and think that they are better than Ryan and could suprise alot of good teams.

My goal in this thread is to give creedence to the polls from the outside looking in. Much Like MjUBB has done so well on the girls and is improving on the boys. I am a former player, who kept track of things for Tenn soccer for the sports web sites, and if you check Coacht history have been pretty accurate thru the years

I have made some good on line friends (LC Soccer,Hoya as well as Big G Express who do a prettty good job of assccessing teams. Due to my current job, I can never get on here and really keep track of things like I did before and want to now< HOWEVER I am on here for ride thru the playoffs. Please understand, I am not here to argue with ANY Team, just to give what I see as a fair outside acccessment, using records, Strength of schedule, Coaching, history, and location of games. Will I be wrong on some YES, I don't win in Las Vegas either, But I will give you a reasonable shot on every division.

If you have a question why about any team, ask, but please don't get on here filled with team pride and run up this thread. I would like it to have short comments or questions, NO PICTURES PLEASE, because then it takes up to much reading space.

I will name my top 4 and will adjust at the end of the week since SOMEONE will be upset THIS WEEK, Yep, count on at least one big shocker getting the final 8 teams to the State Tournament

OK: My top picks in each division in order of strength to win it all

b]Div II[/b]

CBHS- Will take a great game from someone to knock them out, you would have to score early and then play defense

BGA- If anyone can handle CBHS this is the team that can. A lot of the players play together on club and that will help in playoffs

McCallie- Tony Meyers team is not bad, and can make a run here

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Webb and Father Ryan, both are capable of a big surprise

A/AA

CAK- NOT chosen because they are the 3 time champions, these boys just want to win, and believe. They are up come playoff time

Catholic- Can win it all , great team, but cabable of off day, No off days and they are state champions, They can score on anyone

Notre Dame- Schemerhorns team is really in position to come out swinging and KO some top A/AA powers, on there game they could upset anyone!

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Chatt Christian- Don't write them off and a light vote for CPA. I wish I could call Madison tobe a finalist, but I can't, they can't play with my top 3 above. (Sorry guys, you are having a great and memorable season, but Jackson has no powers like the above3 beast of the east in A/AA

AAA

Houston- This is a quick, confident team that can play thru . Irby says this team is one of his best and he is right. He could stay undefeated

Hendersonville- They have improved all year long and play a physical game that goes a long ways in the playoffs. They just seem to keep coming at you and teams will fold in front of them

Farragut- Hmm, that is a outside choice, however, using my formula above, these boys have played a rough schedule with few losses. They have a way of being up for playoffs, and have the players and coaching to win

OUTSIDE CHANCE- Of course Brentwood, but they have played noone and haven't proven they can win the big game. Their only real challenge of the year was Hendesonville and they tied. They will go to states, just don't think they can win.

Bearden- I think this team can play, and they shine in playoff time. Science Hill, can make it to states, but I don't think the format would be freindly to them. So yes, they can make it, they just will not be able to take it(Titile)

Again, I will answer your questions, I just don't want to fight about your pride of your team......... :blink::angry::blink:

Don't write off Baylor in DII. Have only lost 2 games both 1-0 games. Beat Webb 1-0 and play them again in Region Semis this week at Baylor. Should be a good game and hopefully set up a rematch with McCallie.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or get anyone riled up, I was just wondering why you didn't have MBA in you wild card? I have seen them play twice and think that they are better than Ryan and could suprise alot of good teams.

Yeah, a lot of teams may be playing better than Ryan right now, but I think what he is getting at is that when it comes playoff time, the reigning champ is going to bring it, and not go down w/o a fight, they also will have the experience factor of having been in the big games before. This is also what I think of Brentwood, although his point of them playing a week schedule is key. The difference in Ryan and Brentwood is that Ryan actually plays good teams on a consistent basis. About MBA, I think that they are a year away from being "the team."

Baylor will advance to state I believe. Have played an extremely tough schedule and have only lost 2 games both by 1 goal. Have only allowed 9 goals thru 15 games so far. Need to put the ball in the net more often. But an extremely good defensive team and they and McCallie I see advancing in state DII.

I agree with you soccerman. McCallie and Baylor (ofcourse Baylor has to beat Webb again this week) will be strong in state. I wish people that say things like they will get beat out in the first round would support it how they arrived at that statement. Would love to here you support that statement. Based on what?

people who make empty statements claiming that teams will be knocked out early without any information to back their opinion are usually trying to get a rise out of the people on this forum, just ignore them, they typically don't have any logic to back up their opinion.