I don't know why Carlos Lee is a guaranteed trade right now. As we speak, the Brewers are only 5.5 out of the wild card race, and a game behind the Braves. When you also factor in that they are there considering that 4/5 of their rotation was hurt at one time this year, it's very conceivable that they can make that ground up.

And gotmilk, you still holding by that preseason prediction the Stros will win the division? 10.5 out with 61 games left is going to require they win at least 40 games from here on, and that's assuming the Cards play under .500 ball.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why Carlos Lee is a guaranteed trade right now. As we speak, the Brewers are only 5.5 out of the wild card race, and a game behind the Braves. When you also factor in that they are there considering that 4/5 of their rotation was hurt at one time this year, it's very conceivable that they can make that ground up.

And gotmilk, you still holding by that preseason prediction the Stros will win the division? 10.5 out with 61 games left is going to require they win at least 40 games from here on, and that's assuming the Cards play under .500 ball.

The reason I think they would move him is because his contract is up after this season and they don't think he will re-sign...

So get rid of your best player when you are in the middle of a wild card race? Nope, I'm taking my chances that we can do it, and deal with the consequences later.

I think that they might meet in the middle on this one he is a good player but I don't think that he is worth 70 mil. but you know how baseball is paying outrageous money to anyone.

I think that they might meet in the middle on this one he is a good player but I don't think that he is worth 70 mil. but you know how baseball is paying outrageous money to anyone.

It all depends on who else is on the market that year. If you are the best of a mediocre group, you are going to get more money than you are worth. Matt Clement in Boston for example.

Here's a tentative list of of free agents after the season. I don't know if he'll get what he wants or not.

As for Milwaukee, they have a big three game set with the Reds Friday-Sunday. If they can take two of these three, I think they hold onto him and maybe try to make a move themselves. If they lose two of 3, I think he's gone.

In other Milwaukee news....they did make one addition to the team. A new sausage for the sauage race!

It all depends on who else is on the market that year. If you are the best of a mediocre group, you are going to get more money than you are worth. Matt Clement in Boston for example.

Here's a tentative list of of free agents after the season. I don't know if he'll get what he wants or not.

As for Milwaukee, they have a big three game set with the Reds Friday-Sunday. If they can take two of these three, I think they hold onto him and maybe try to make a move themselves. If they lose two of 3, I think he's gone.

In other Milwaukee news....they did make one addition to the team. A new sausage for the sauage race!

Don't tell Randall Simon he might want to take another wack at the new one.

I am going with the Bratwurst!