GVILLE AND CTOWN

Turney Ford is a good one back in the day. Mark Medley is the only legit one besides Coach Ford cause he was a head coach. Winfree and Cowan well LC and Riverdale more than likely would have won without them. Dillard and Wills who cares.

if oldsc7 is who i think he is. he says who cares about wills because wills coached against him, and i believe oldsc7 lost three times against gordonsville in high school.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they would...cause there are some Gordansvile kids on the Carthage teams....

As a coach in the GYFL, I know for a FACT that there are 25 kids with carthage addresses playing in Gordonsville. I'm pretty certain that groups from SCHS,like the band, have had road blocks in Gordonsville, and they are in the Gordonsville Christmas parade every year. Also, when there are road blocks in Carthage, How many people from Gordonsville drive through there. Another point is that tax dollars from the whole county support those roads. Just remember all you uptight Carthage folks, that road road block was supporting kids playing football. Also, there is only one Gordonsville kid on the Carthage teams.

Edited by croz6110

I don't believe it about the gville kid I want names, who is this kid I don't believe that mess until I see it or hear about it from a good source.

Travis Alexander Benched 335 and Justin Smith benched 260 in the 160 or 170 pound weight class. I also believe Alexander cleaned 300. I can't remember for sure but I was there, and the only reason Smith didn't get more in bench was because he jumped from 260 to 300

Travis Alexander Benched 335 and Justin Smith benched 260 in the 160 or 170 pound weight class. I also believe Alexander cleaned 300. I can't remember for sure but I was there, and the only reason Smith didn't get more in bench was because he jumped from 260 to 300

Man that is strong, i mean strong! i wish we had someone who could lift that much, but we are just so small, i dunno what we are gonna do? :lol: But if they just weigh 160 or 170, then that means our linebackers and lineman should be able to tackle them wouldnt u think? I'd say Lee Lee Evans will put Alexander and Smith right on their BACK! :lol: along with some of the rest of our defenders. And as for oldsc7 losing to you guys, i dont remember the owls ever losing to ya'll while he played.

Edited by Z King of D Swing

Man that is strong, i mean strong! i wish we had someone who could lift that much, but we are just so small, i dunno what we are gonna do? :lol: But if they just weigh 160 or 170, then that means our linebackers and lineman should be able to tackle them wouldnt u think? I'd say Lee Lee Evans will put Alexander and Smith right on their BACK! :lol: along with some of the rest of our defenders. And as for oldsc7 losing to you guys, i dont remember the owls ever losing to ya'll while he played.

Yeah I have to say I can't ever remembering losing to the boys in blue either. I believe I went 4-0 wow that is a clean sweep. We must have been pretty good then when I played to ever beat the little boys in blue. :lol:

Somebody asked for facts about the weight lifting competition, so i gave them some. As for oldsc7, i thought he was someone else. Anyway, I'm not going to say Gordonsville will beat Carthage, but I would like to see it happen. We have some strong guys for their size that started last year. I think it will be a much better game. plus they have to catch alexander and smith before they can put them on their back.

Edited by croz6110

As a coach in the GYFL, I know for a FACT that there are 25 kids with carthage addresses playing in Gordonsville. I'm pretty certain that groups from SCHS,like the band, have had road blocks in Gordonsville, and they are in the Gordonsville Christmas parade every year. Also, when there are road blocks in Carthage, How many people from Gordonsville drive through there. Another point is that tax dollars from the whole county support those roads. Just remember all you uptight Carthage folks, that road road block was supporting kids playing football. Also, there is only one Gordonsville kid on the Carthage teams.

So, as a summation, if it wasn't for Carthage tax dollars and Carthage kids, how could Gordansville even exist? Yes, I'm sure you have several kids with Carthage adresses on the youth team. They won't be playin there in another 5-10 years and you know it as well as I do. It's just like the post about the first youth league of the county being in G-ville. I remember that. Who did those Carthage kids play high school football for? They played for Smith County. Lots of these parents don't want a 10, 11, 12 game season and drives as far as York for youth football. I can't say that I blame them. Also, you may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the band is asked to be in your parade and not the other way around. So, you guys can keep "hollerin" about next year and... in 4 years or... blah or blah or blah. :lol: