GVILLE AND CTOWN

Somebody asked for facts about the weight lifting competition, so i gave them some. As for oldsc7, i thought he was someone else. Anyway, I'm not going to say Gordonsville will beat Carthage, but I would like to see it happen. We have some strong guys for their size that started last year. I think it will be a much better game. plus they have to catch alexander and smith before they can put them on their back.

Catch them? Please. I know you can do better than that. :lol:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as a summation, if it wasn't for Carthage tax dollars and Carthage kids, how could Gordansville even exist? Yes, I'm sure you have several kids with Carthage adresses on the youth team. They won't be playin there in another 5-10 years and you know it as well as I do. It's just like the post about the first youth league of the county being in G-ville. I remember that. Who did those Carthage kids play high school football for? They played for Smith County. Lots of these parents don't want a 10, 11, 12 game season and drives as far as York for youth football. I can't say that I blame them. Also, you may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the band is asked to be in your parade and not the other way around. So, you guys can keep "hollerin" about next year and... in 4 years or... blah or blah or blah. :lol:

Lol :lol: nicely put. I think the reason our band is asked to be in one is because Gordansville doesnt have a band, or do they?

So, as a summation, if it wasn't for Carthage tax dollars and Carthage kids, how could Gordansville even exist? Yes, I'm sure you have several kids with Carthage adresses on the youth team. They won't be playin there in another 5-10 years and you know it as well as I do. It's just like the post about the first youth league of the county being in G-ville. I remember that. Who did those Carthage kids play high school football for? They played for Smith County. Lots of these parents don't want a 10, 11, 12 game season and drives as far as York for youth football. I can't say that I blame them. Also, you may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the band is asked to be in your parade and not the other way around. So, you guys can keep "hollerin" about next year and... in 4 years or... blah or blah or blah. :lol:

Some people in Carthage said some rude things to the kids and the parents during the road block, and they have just as much right to be there as anyone else. And it doesn't matter about where they play high school ball. It was for kids to be able to play football, and if it wasn't for both youth leagues in the county, the kids wouldn't be as well prepared for high school football. To sum it up Carthage citizens have no right to kick about the GYFL taking up money in Carthage.

Some people in Carthage said some rude things to the kids and the parents during the road block, and they have just as much right to be there as anyone else. And it doesn't matter about where they play high school ball. It was for kids to be able to play football, and if it wasn't for both youth leagues in the county, the kids wouldn't be as well prepared for high school football. To sum it up Carthage citizens have no right to kick about the GYFL taking up money in Carthage.

If this great youth league prepares these kids so much, then why do both middle school teams in the county struggle so much?

If this great youth league prepares these kids so much, then why do both middle school teams in the county struggle so much?

well, I know Gordonsville's Jr. High only gets to practice an hour a day when most middle school teams practice 2-3 hours after school. for what reason they're not allowed to practice after school, I don't know. I don't know about SCMS.

well, I know Gordonsville's Jr. High only gets to practice an hour a day when most middle school teams practice 2-3 hours after school. for what reason they're not allowed to practice after school, I don't know. I don't know about SCMS.

I have a brother who plays for SCMS and they practice 1 and a half to 2 hours a day, but not every day. And as for youth football preparing these kids, there are some football players on the SCHS high school team, who never played youth league football.

I have a brother who plays for SCMS and they practice 1 and a half to 2 hours a day, but not every day. And as for youth football preparing these kids, there are some football players on the SCHS high school team, who never played youth league football.

That can be good, because many good athletes get burned out on football when they play Jr. Pro. As for both of the middle school teams. Maybe both teams need coaches who are able to solely concentrate on middle school, instead of both high school and middle school. and as for the jr. pro leagues, I wish there was a way that Gordonsville could play Carthage. As a coach, It's odd not going against them, and not starting the rivalry until middle school.

Edited by croz6110

That can be good, because many good athletes get burned out on football when they play Jr. Pro. As for both of the middle school teams. Maybe both teams need coaches who are able to solely concentrate on middle school, instead of both high school and middle school.

many kids do get burned out early, but maybe they wouldnt if the coaches werent their own dads. Maybe if these kids were taught fundamentals by some of the high school coaches who know what is going on, it would be different. The high schools need to have a football camp, like the basketball programs do. I know as popular as football is with the youth of this county, it would be a good money maker for the school who dirrected the camp, as well as helping kids to gain interest in the program.

many kids do get burned out early, but maybe they wouldnt if the coaches werent their own dads. Maybe if these kids were taught fundamentals by some of the high school coaches who know what is going on, it would be different. The high schools need to have a football camp, like the basketball programs do. I know as popular as football is with the youth of this county, it would be a good money maker for the school who dirrected the camp, as well as helping kids to gain interest in the program.

i can't believe it. I agree with you. I believe their should be some sort of camp for all the kids in the county. I think both schools could do it together. As for Gordonsville, many of the coaches are not parents, and i believe all of the coaches do a good job with fundamentals.

Edited by croz6110