GVILLE AND CTOWN

Yeah I sure would. But we don't have one but I will take beating your blue bottoms every year instead. You know come play 2a ball or 3a ball for that matter. Cause you guys are guaranteed a playoff berth every year because you have RBS in your region. Good luck this year do good and have a nice day. :unsure:

Talk about guaranteed a playoff berth. Smith County only has to win two games in a six team region that includes Cannon Co., Jackson Co., and Upperman. Maybe Gordonsville should move up to 2a. And how many teams in that region made it to the second round of the playoffs. hmmm, was it just one? How many in region 4-1a made it to the second round or further, and I believe that one of those teams in that weak 1a region beat the almighty 2a powerhouse Smith County. Furthermore, I would take RBS over Jackson Co. anyday of the week.

Have a nice day!!!!! :)

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about guaranteed a playoff berth. Smith County only has to win two games in a six team region that includes Cannon Co., Jackson Co., and Upperman. Maybe Gordonsville should move up to 2a. And how many teams in that region made it to the second round of the playoffs. hmmm, was it just one? How many in region 4-1a made it to the second round or further, and I believe that one of those teams in that weak 1a region beat the almighty 2a powerhouse Smith County. Furthermore, I would take RBS over Jackson Co. anyday of the week.

Have a nice day!!!!! :unsure:

Yep, but it sure wasn't Gordansville. Do you realize that Jackson County beat Red Boiling Springs 52-8 last year? :) Cannon County and Upperman will be improved this year. Upperman will be a tough game for you.

I have been reading this mess for a while and laughing at some of the comments, but I couldn't hold back on this one. Croz, you have a point. There are some week teams in SC's region, and yes you would probably make the playoffs most of the time. But you wouldn't this year. In fact, I am now taking all action with no more than $200 a single bet, that Upperman WILL beat the kitties THIS year.

Two years ago, do you think you could have made the playoffs in this region: (Remember top 4)

Livingston

Portland

Trousdale

Smith

Macon

York

Upperman

Cannon

Jackson

DeKalb

Any guess where Gordonsville would fall in that region. Let me tell you. You would have to fight for your life to take home 7th!!!! The little kitties record would be 3-7. Because you know you wouldn't win the only non-region game on your schedule. :)

Edited by I Love HS Football

Maybe you guys should move to 2a, but you woudnt make the playoffs in this region. It is not a very tough region, you are right, but it is getting better. Westmoreland is pretty good, they would beat u guys, Upperman is getting better, they will beat you to, York would beat you, and we would. You may think you could play in this region, but you coudn't. You wont even beat TC this year and they are way down. You guys will prolly finish 3rd, or possibly 4th in your own.

It looks to me like you need to think before you speak or just not speak at all. Because you definately do not know anything about high school football.

You know I have always been a comedian! when did you start taking sides with the boys in blue. I guess it happened when you traded in your black and gold :unsure: for MTSU blue. So you are wanting to be a little kitty now well thats good make sure you sit on there side this year. Have a nice day :lol:

Oh, no no. I'm still black and gold to the core. I figure why even argue with our faux rivals. Maybe they'll win one in the next 15 or so years and actually have something to talk about.

What is this I hear about a wide open offense this year? Are we going to be lighting up the scoreboard?

Oh, no no. I'm still black and gold to the core. I figure why even argue with our faux rivals. Maybe they'll win one in the next 15 or so years and actually have something to talk about.

What is this I hear about a wide open offense this year? Are we going to be lighting up the scoreboard?

I have heard that the plan is to pass a lot more. Could see some 5 wide, fun and gun, the ole Spurrier offense. I say air it out owls, It would be very fun to watch.

I have been reading this mess for a while and laughing at some of the comments, but I couldn't hold back on this one. Croz, you have a point. There are some week teams in SC's region, and yes you would probably make the playoffs most of the time. But you wouldn't this year. In fact, I am now taking all action with no more than $200 a single bet, that Upperman WILL beat the kitties THIS year.

Two years ago, do you think you could have made the playoffs in this region: (Remember top 4)

Livingston

Portland

Trousdale

Smith

Macon

York

Upperman

Cannon

Jackson

DeKalb

Any guess where Gordonsville would fall in that region. Let me tell you. You would have to fight for your life to take home 7th!!!! The little kitties record would be 3-7. Because you know you wouldn't win the only non-region game on your schedule. :thumb:

alright..... we can put a grand on it if you are so sure..... Gville had westmoreland beat last year.... but coach kelly pulled it off for them by making a great play call on a fake punt.... they would finish 3rd in that region for sure this year.. behind smith county and westmoreland

Edited by fsurules

I'll admit that Smith County accomplished alot in 3a, and I'm not trying to take anything away from their team now. However, when you talk about toughness of regions, I believe Smith County would've just finished third last year in Gordonsville's region, and this year, at best would be third. The same goes for Gordonsville if they competed in Smith County's region. Each region only has three teams that are consistently competitive every year. I know Cannon Co. has been improving over the last couple of years, but they lost their workhorses. I don't believe they'll be as competitive, and Upperman was young last year and they started a freshman QB, but so did Gordonsville against them. I don't see Upperman beating Gordonsville. In Gordonsville's region, Monterey has been improving theirselves, and I look to see good things from Watertown. Neither team can fuss about the other one's region. Like what was said in a privious post, Gordonsville came very close to beating Westmoreland, but it was still a loss. Truthfully, I'm glad we don't play York, because I really don't want to drive to Jamestown. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Owls luck this year. And on paper the Owls really should beat Gordonsville every year, but everyone enjoys the game and the rivalry. So, lets let the boys play ball. :thumb: