GVILLE AND CTOWN

Actually I believe this one is true. If I recall I think it happened my freshman yr of high school. I don't believe they wrote anything on the field. Supposedly the year before some G-ville students came over and did some things to our stadium you can still see one on stands or you used to could.

I thought I remembered something like that happening, I was in Jr. High at the time.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, both in 1983 and 1984. Gordonsville's lone loss in 1983 was in the state championship game. And in 84, they ran the table.

In '83 SC won 21-14...not sure if ECS was the only other loss...think that is true.

In '84 G-ville won 43-15

Edited by Antwan

This game used to be huge.....Now it don't even make CoachT.com Big Ones.

I'm not one for giving predictions on scores.......how's 40 - 7 sound !?!?! :P

It sounds like a blow out to me......but maybe I miss pronounced it !?!?! :)

Don't get the wrong idea....this game will be close....right up until kickoff !?!?! :lol:

That'll get'em stirring :)

Nearly 40 pages of meaningless bragging. Both ways.

Here's the skinny. Gordonsville shows up. Much improved. Defense surprisingly gives SC trouble. Close game. May come down to a turnover or a mistake in the kicking game.

SC wins 14-12. Both teams go on to have winning seasons and make the playoffs.

This game used to be huge.....Now it don't even make CoachT.com Big Ones.

I'm not one for giving predictions on scores.......how's 40 - 7 sound !?!?! B)

It sounds like a blow out to me......but maybe I miss pronounced it !?!?! :lol:

Don't get the wrong idea....this game will be close....right up until kickoff !?!?! :P

That'll get'em stirring :lol:

[/quote Do you also see Elvis, and hear Hendricks playing the owls theme song, while you are on them drugs? How did you get your arm out of the straight jacket to type this? Best stay hidden, I know the nut house is searching for you.

Nearly 40 pages of meaningless bragging. Both ways.

Here's the skinny. Gordonsville shows up. Much improved. Defense surprisingly gives SC trouble. Close game. May come down to a turnover or a mistake in the kicking game.

SC wins 14-12. Both teams go on to have winning seasons and make the playoffs.

SC will win by more than that. I'd say SC - 27 GV - 6

SC will win by more than that. I'd say SC - 27 GV - 6

Hide Z the boys in white are hunting you. They have a very snug jacket for you and it dont have SCHS printed on it. The Owls are the only ones I know thats happy with 6. Walking away saying we played a good game, with 6 points? TC didnt do that to GV last year. Last years TC could have beat the brakes off this years KC. Can you say amen to that? Ponder that before you guess at a score again. I know you are in denial. But 27-6. I guess thats possible in reverse order however, since yall are happy with 6. I hate to Quote a football legandary coaches saying. But it seems to fit so well. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser. (Ditka) Im off this thread. When you argue with fools its hard for an observer to tell who the fool is. Hope its a injury free game for both teams. Happy trails Amigos.

Big rivally game, while i feel that for thier respected classifications Gordonsville has the better team, but they are in different classifications. Anyways i think it will be a GREAT rivally game, fun to watch with lots of hard hits. I predict GV to strike first but lose. Smith County 31 gordonsville 12 .