Loretto vs Giles

baseballplaya8

Thanks, bombboy. Will Cox has delivered good hits for Loretto all season - we'll see what he can do tonight against Marshall Co. If the umpires are from between Spring Hill and Mt. Pleasant, that would be the Columbia Associaton I believe. I'm somewhat surprised they did so bad in a key district tournament game. Let's hope a different crew does tonight's game.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto may have got lucky in the bottom of the eight. One out bases loaded and they try a a sacrifice bunt for some reason? Well, it may have been a missed sign because the runner did not break for home until the bunt was down.

Anyway, after the out was recorded at home, GC had a easy chance for a double play at first base but the catcher held on to the ball and then next batter with two outs poked one through the infield to win it.

PageMan--that is indeed correct. I was the play-by-play announcer for basketball up at Blackman this season, so that's why I did not attend many games outside of Murfreesboro.

I also am the PBP guy for Blackman for softball with the occasional color commentary gig with baseball. Unfortunately, as a full-time student I had to come home for the summer so I can work and keep up my funding for school next year.

Good to hear from you as always, PageMan!