What 13U teams will be in the State?

The Bearcats may be third or fourth just in Middle Tennessee. There are two Clarksville teams that are not bad and the Tennessee Thunder could be the best in Middle Tennessee if they correct some minor things. I've seem them play twice and selfish guard play almost cost them both times. They have three big men that are hard to stop if the ball is fed down to them. The other problem is that they have a good-hearted coach that seems to be more of a big kid that plays around with them instead of that hard stern coach that a team like this needs. With some minor guard and coaching adjustments, the Tennessee Thunder could be the sleeper in the State Tournament.

I agree that the ThUNDER has a nice ball club. They do some really good things, however I dont think they have the inside presence to play with the Bearcats. The Clarkville Stars are capable of winning a few games in state because they have good guards. However they're post play is weak right now.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tn Bball, you are very high on the Bearcats..I agree with you rrrrrr, there is several teams that are capable of winning..The Clarksville Stars team has very good guard play..The point guard is awesome, they have another player that is a pure shooter..The Thunder has a very strong inside game and have some very athletic kids..I agree the guard play can cost them if they are not carefull..Have the Bearcats played any of the teams this year...I know they lost to the Bolivar team in a tournament..I think the Thunder played that same Bolivar team and had them beat until the final seconds either in Gallitan or Lebanon...I know the Thunder and Star have played quite a bit this year..I am not sure who the Bearcats have played..The Stars inside game is weak,but their perimeter players are hard to stop..

The reason I'm high on the Bearcats is because of the fact I saw them beat some really respectable 14u teams two weeks ago. They finished 4th in 14u Central South substate. The Stars lead the season series 2-1. The Bearcats have not played any of those teams. But I think its hard to argue with the fact that considering they've already qualified for Nationals losing to a Top 12 team Nationally in Super Regional in Championship game.

• 2 weeks later...

Young Vols defeated TN THunder by 13 last night. Bearcats lost to the War Eagles by 3 points. One of the players from the War Eagles hit a last second shot at the buzzer to win it.. If I'm not mistaking the Tennessee Elite won their game too

It must to have been some really good competition down there. I heard that the Tennessee Thunder beat the Bearcats. I knew that would happen if they ever played each other. This proved what I said earlier that the Bearcats are not even the best team in Middle Tennessee. If there are any Tennessee Thunder fans out there watching this post, Why didn't your big shot blocker play. People said he was there dressed on the bench? :thumb: Edited by rrrrrrr

It must to have been some really good competition down there. I heard that the Tennessee Thunder beat the Bearcats. I knew that would happen if they ever played each other. This proved what I said earlier that the Bearcats are not even the best team in Middle Tennessee. If there are any Tennessee Thunder fans out there watching this post, Why didn't your big shot blocker play. People said he was there dressed on the bench? :)

Well I want to say that there was some competition only when both teams played up to their potential. The Bearcats defeated the Young Vols by 8 and the War Eagels defeated the Young Vols by a large margin in yesterday's action.

The Young Vols will play TN Elite today for 5th place.

Pool A

1. Stallions

2. YOMCA

3. Elite

4. Stars

Pool B

1. War Eagles

2. Bearcats

3. Young Vols

4. Thunder

War Eagles beat YOMCA in OT in one semi

Stallions beat the Bearcats in another semi

Bearcats beat the Y on OT for 3rd.

Stallions and War Eagles playing now.

The Bearcats are the most overrated team in the city of nashville. Probably the most overrated in the state. Probably the most overrated in the country. There coach shows alot of favortism. They are going to take a spankin in the state tournament. If they want to place in the national tournament, they better hope AAU creates a Division III tournament for them and all the other overrated teams. They want make it to the finals in the state tournament.

I guess now that 13u state is all over when its said and done the TN Bearcats are probably one of the best teams in MIDDLE TN is not THE best even though they did lose to Thunder but placed higher than they did.

When looking at who can be more succesful in Nationals you gotta believe they'll be better off but you never know. Like I posted before I dont have a horse in this race, I really enjoy watching them play.

Did the Clarksville Stars win any games in State? How come AAU replaced a team?

Who finished first in this tournament? Better yet, someone please post the FINAL STANDINGS from this weekend.

The Bearcats looked really good as well. However, the Young Vols and the Bearcats were neck and neck until the last 3 minutes of the game when the Young Vols went dry. But all of the teams in the State played really hard. I enjoyed my weekend in Memphis. I just wished we, the Young Vols, could've played a lot better than what we did.