Halls vs. Farragut

deviledhornet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not ever doubt the Admirals, they are not a state powerhouse for just no reason, best coach in the state. best pitcher in the state. and best first baseman.........DAVY GRAVY REYNOLDS BABY.........GOOO ADMIRALS

What has killed Halls all year cost them the game today. The second baseball made an outstanding play to save a run early in the game and then cost them a game with a routine double play ball. Ball was hit to him he bobbled it and then tried to tag the runner. Missed him and then threw the ball away at first. There was a great relay for Farragut that saved the game for them. Looked like Quinten Bowman stumbled a lil bit rounding third. Good game besides the rain!

Lockwood is going to Tennessee. Yeah Catapano can be beat because you said it yourself, Halls has no problem scoring runs under any circumstances. I think it will be a great pitchers duel for about 3 innings. Catapano threw 126 pitches and is coming back on only 4 days rest. I believe he may start losing his stuff after a couple of innings and that is when the Devils will start pounding the ball.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halls forgot to start pounding the ball i guess...

off the subject, how many in a row has farragut won against halls???

From my observation post in the pressbox, I thought it was a great game by two great teams giving everything they had for their team and school. Lots of class shown by both sides all through the game. Lockwood certainly pitched well enough to win, and deserved a better fate. It was unfortunate that a game of that importance and magnitude was played on a chilly, rainy evening much more like an early season climate. I thought that Lockwood may have been affected just a bit after the rain delay, as some of his pitches were a bit higher after that. The Admirals adjusted just enough to put the ball in play, getting that one run. The 2B, Perry, had made a major league play earlier to rob Farragut's Stallings of an RBI, by diving to his glove side, scrambling to his feet, to throw out Stallings to end the inning. In the T7, with runners at 1st and 3rd, a ground ball hit by Delmonico to Perry was misplayed briefly, he tried to tag the FHS runner from 1st, missed, and then threw wide at first. All runners safe, but a run scored. On the next play, FHS missed a suicide squeeze, losing the runner at third. The inning ended soon thereafter. Catapano struck out the side in the B7 to end the game, retiring the Halls leadoff hitter for the only time in the game.

Great game!! Hats off to the Red Devils on a terrific season!!

Coach Delmonico had to be excited for Joey to drive in that winning run, and for Lockwood's pitching performance. I think he got 10 Ks. I believe Catapano almost matched him with 9Ks.

Either way Catapano is not a MLB pitcher and I would venture to say he doesn't have the conditioning of one, but I may be wrong. Anyway you stack it Halls has a much more powerful lineup than Farragut (for once) and I think they can get to Catapano alot quicker than they will get to Jeff.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

deviledhornet, I did not know you were such an Experienced Major League talent evaluater. Let me know where I can see your scouting reports, I am sure they are very detailed, perhaps you can contact the 34 teams that Rob has beat in his 4 years? Better yet why not contact the coaches from his 3 no hitters and perfect game? How about asking Riverdale, Mumford, Halls, Bearden, Science Hill, South Doyle, Franklin, to name a few? What about asking some of the sunbelt state high school all star teams in Oklahoma what their reports were?

Oh well I guess you are the expert. :thumb:

ps. Why not ask South Doyle about his conditioning last week after pitching the 9 inning complete game? Thats right, I forgot you are the expert :blink:

pss. On the lighter side Congratulations to both Farragut & Halls for a Fantastic game. Both teams PLAYED WITH CLASS! These teams showed why they are 2 of the top prep baseball teams around. Doing what they have done at the AAA level for 4 consistent years is quite an accomplishment. :thumb:

Edited by Tampabay41

It was a great game. Too bad about the weather conditions. Neither pitcher deserved to lose. The Halls 2b made a fantastic play to keep Farragut off the scoreboard. It seemed like momentum shifted when Farragut threw the runner out at home.

Give little Delmonico credit for putting the ball into play. It should've been a doubleplay ball, but wasn't.

Well who would've thougth that both Halls and South Doyle would not make the Sectionals this year.