Dist 6AAA Champions Red Bank

hoosierboy3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason, Ooltewah's coach didn't use either of his two good pitchers, losing any chance at a district championship and a home field advantage through the playoffs.

After Ooltewah's first two pitchers, they're easy to hit.

Maybe the coach wanted a less experienced boy to get some innings in a high profile game. And to be totally honest his number 2,3 and 4 aren't really push over pitchers. You dont want to go to the state with only two pitchers do you ?

Maybe the coach wanted a less experienced boy to get some innings in a high profile game. And to be totally honest his number 2,3 and 4 aren't really push over pitchers. You dont want to go to the state with only two pitchers do you ?

howard couldn't pitch b/c he would have been on 2 days rest, burke could have, but i believe massey is saving him for monday for the region so they assure themselves in the next round since they haven't gotten past the region since 02 i believe

The right move? I can guarantee you some of the Ooltewah parents don't think so. Maybe Coach doesn't like playing at home, because he won't have to worry about that anymore. Or maybe he doesn't like hanging up those annoying "District Champion" signs. Because he won't get another shot at that for a long time.

Take a look at the Red Bank team that won the district championship. It is filled with underclassmen (most of whom won't top 5'7" and 150 pounds) who are growing and getting stronger, and figure to win the district again for the next two years. Meanwhile, Ooltewah and Soddy are graduating their best players.

Has anybody else ever heard of "resting" your only 2 proven pitchers when you have a chance to win a district championship in one game....with 3 days rest until your next game? I know excuses are falling like raindrops in Ooltewah, but that is just strange coaching. Coach Bumper Reese should send Coach Massey a thank you card!

If that is the case why in the world did Red Bank start their #4 pitcher? That doesn't make sense. A chance to win the district and they pitch their #4 pitcher. Wow! Red Bank didn't pitch their #1 or 2 so why are you getting onto Ooltewah? If Ooltewah would of won would you of been saying the same thing about Red Bank? How that was a stupid move....

Edited by ImaOWL

If that is the case why in the world did Red Bank start their #4 pitcher? That doesn't make sense. A chance to win the district and they pitch their #4 pitcher. Wow! Red Bank didn't pitch their #1 or 2 so why are you getting onto Ooltewah? If Ooltewah would of won would you of been saying the same thing about Red Bank? How that was a stupid move....

Uh, gee.....That's a tough one. But I'll try. Maybe....because Red Bank used their # 1 & 2 pitchers in the first two games of the district tournament...and then in the third game when # 3 was getting drilled, # 1 came in on 2 days rest (imagine that...a key pitcher being used in relief in an important game...hmmmmm). Let's see Owl, it may be tough to do the math, but I guess when your top 3 guys have been used up in recent days, # 4 (a senior who was RB's best pitcher last year, and no slouch this year) is probably your best bet. And having more than two big-game pitchers is pretty cool too.

What else ya got?

Uh, gee.....That's a tough one. But I'll try. Maybe....because Red Bank used their # 1 & 2 pitchers in the first two games of the district tournament...and then in the third game when # 3 was getting drilled, # 1 came in on 2 days rest (imagine that...a key pitcher being used in relief in an important game...hmmmmm). Let's see Owl, it may be tough to do the math, but I guess when your top 3 guys have been used up in recent days, # 4 (a senior who was RB's best pitcher last year, and no slouch this year) is probably your best bet. And having more than two big-game pitchers is pretty cool too.

What else ya got?

Red Bank may have beaten the Owls on that night but Ooltewah is still the better team, IMO.