USJ & Cov. Games

HRB6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw most of the games, and I was well pleased with the calls. The strike zone was the same for both teams, and really was never an issue with any team. Calls in the field, were pretty good. I saw a couple that maybe could go either way, but that's to be expected. I know several of those guys in blue, and they make a good crew. They tended to be in the background, which is how I like it. Good job to the team! :D

I saw most of the games, and I was well pleased with the calls. The strike zone was the same for both teams, and really was never an issue with any team. Calls in the field, were pretty good. I saw a couple that maybe could go either way, but that's to be expected. I know several of those guys in blue, and they make a good crew. They tended to be in the background, which is how I like it. Good job to the team! :D

Thanks for the comment......Those calls you say could go either way is right...50/50....I worked most of the games and was very pleased with all, coaches, player's etc......We work as a team as well as the players and strive to be the best at our job........We try to be in the background and hope that it stays that way....Enjoyed that district and wish all the best....

No, nothing bad. I just knew the other umps, and was just putting name with a face, sort of. B) You made good calls each night. Keep up the good work. I'll keep an eye out for you. :D

Thanks for the comment.......I've been working in this association since 1980, and we have a good bunch, and I have been trying to keep a good profile.....I've been a crew cheif since 92 and have tried to have good ump's under me, and hope that we can in the future..

Thanks for the comment......Those calls you say could go either way is right...50/50....I worked most of the games and was very pleased with all, coaches, player's etc......We work as a team as well as the players and strive to be the best at our job........We try to be in the background and hope that it stays that way....Enjoyed that district and wish all the best....

Maybe you should stay in the background here too. I'm not sure anything is to be gained by chatting with the fans of potential teams you would officiate. I would think there is potential for you to look unfavorably/favorably toward one or the other based on comments made here. You will most likely reply saying "I would never do that," but we are all human.

Maybe you should stay in the background here too. I'm not sure anything is to be gained by chatting with the fans of potential teams you would officiate. I would think there is potential for you to look unfavorably/favorably toward one or the other based on comments made here. You will most likely reply saying "I would never do that," but we are all human.

Well first of all this tournament is over with.....I would never talk with anyone about a game as far as the outcome........And could care less of their opinion....We are always looking for ways to have people express their views about our games....This is a good way to find out our progress..We are not chatting to have people favor/unfavor us or not.........This process takes place before, during and after a game.....I look foreward to knowing the public opinion about my game, let's me know how to adjust......I'm not looking for support, my god I've had to adjust to people and their views my whole carrier......

There is a lot to be gained by this process, but some people seem to have the ability to find other ways to change its course......

Well first of all this tournament is over with.....I would never talk with anyone about a game as far as the outcome........And could care less of their opinion....We are always looking for ways to have people express their views about our games....This is a good way to find out our progress..We are not chatting to have people favor/unfavor us or not.........This process takes place before, during and after a game.....I look foreward to knowing the public opinion about my game, let's me know how to adjust......I'm not looking for support, my god I've had to adjust to people and their views my whole carrier......

There is a lot to be gained by this process, but some people seem to have the ability to find other ways to change its course......

HRB in 20 years as an umpire I have never seen or heard of a top official asking on a public form how his game went. You and your crew know if you called a good game or not. Also what are you going to adjust to? If they say your strike zone is to big will you squeeze it in? What do you mean by adjust. If your not looking for support DONT ASK. UNREAL I have never cared what someone thinks of my game Except the other umpires on the field. I give 100% every pitch. that will never change no matter what the public thinks. Think next time before you post.

HRB in 20 years as an umpire I have never seen or heard of a top official asking on a public form how his game went. You and your crew know if you called a good game or not. Also what are you going to adjust to? If they say your strike zone is to big will you squeeze it in? What do you mean by adjust. If your not looking for support DONT ASK. UNREAL I have never cared what someone thinks of my game Except the other umpires on the field. I give 100% every pitch. that will never change no matter what the public thinks. Think next time before you post.

Need a Midol?