DeKalb Co.-Marshall Co.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did these two midstate 3A schools look????

From what I understand, Dekalb came out strong. They were big and physical, and were pretty much manhandling Marshall in the beginning. They scored on a couple of screens. Then, all of a sudden, they stopped. Marshall picked up the intensity, and basically wore them out. Obviously, when things started to go wrong for Dekalb, they went really bad. As for Marshall, we knew they could put points up. While three toughdowns is too many, I understand that the run defense was pretty good thanks to linebacker Jake Chapman.

Like I said in another post, if the defense gets better, Marshall is going to be tough this year.

so your saying mc didnt score until the second string went in for dekalb?

B) Yes!

Both teams came out and played hard and physical. MC did score 6 times and DC scored 3. 2 of MC scores came on WR screens on DC's 2nd team Def. And 2 MC scores came on Int. Both with DC's second team Off. MC did slow down the DC running game, but DC lost there #1 RB in the 1st part of the scrimmage. But MC's running game was shut down by DC's Def. Both teams showed Heart. But being a DC Fan, I was impressed with DC's physical play. They were out weighed at many a position. But would not back down. It was great to see.

DC has played Monterey and scored 6 TD's to their 0. Plus DC shut them down twice when Monterey was 1st and Goal twice.

It is great to see what Coach Trapp has done in the off season. We look for good things in DC this year. The hard work for the players of DC has just begun. But with the work effort they have shown so far this off season the Wins will be there. If DC continues to work hard and show the Heart they have shown in the Spring!

It's all about the "PRIDE"

"The Tiger Pride"