Region 2AAA

softballjabber

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Central's Kandice Irwin was the winning pitcher.

Farragut's Margaret Morris pitched a great game for Farragut. I bet a lot of District 4AAA coaches are glad to see her graduate.

Farragut had 4 hits and Central had 3. Central was able to put two together and drive one run in. Farragut had Jesse Howard at second in the first inning and Margaret Morris hit a sharp ball that struck Kandice in the leg. Margaret was safe at first, but where the ball landed, Jesse couldn't advance. If that ball gos through, we might still be playing this morning. Them are the breaks.

Central has a better team this year than last. Kandice is a great pitcher and really baffles players. They should breeze into state. Congratulations, Central.

Farragut had 4 hits and Central had 3. Central was able to put two together and drive one run in. Farragut had Jesse Howard at second in the first inning and Margaret Morris hit a sharp ball that struck Kandice in the leg. Margaret was safe at first, but where the ball landed, Jesse couldn't advance. If that ball gos through, we might still be playing this morning. Them are the breaks.

Central has a better team this year than last. Kandice is a great pitcher and really baffles players. They should breeze into state. Congratulations, Central.

Good Game! One question...In the first inning when Jesse Howard is standing at second base with the two hole hitter up why would you not bunt Howard to third and have a runner at third with one out. Alot more ways to score from third then second. Sounds like common sense to me. U?????

Good Game! One question...In the first inning when Jesse Howard is standing at second base with the two hole hitter up why would you not bunt Howard to third and have a runner at third with one out. Alot more ways to score from third then second. Sounds like common sense to me. U?????

Sounds like a question for the Farragut coach.

It was a great game last night with only 1 error committed the entire night. The error by the way was never a deciding factor in the game. Central was able to get 2 of their hits bunched together. With 1 out Irwin singled and was advanced to 2nd with a sacrifice bunt by Lawson, with 2 outs Webb was able to go with the outside pitch for a double which scored the courtesy runner Hatfield, which in the end was the game winning run. Central played a great game of defense last night, really both teams did. Both pitchers did a great job as well. I felt like the added touch to the game was the Pep Band Farragut provided! Great job Lady Admirals (parents & players) & Lady Bobcats (players & parents).

There was one out at that time. The batter in the order between Jesse and Margaret struck out. I think Coach Moore felt like he could score Jesse from second and wanted to take his chance with two batters, instead of given up an out. I didn't matter, Kandice struck out the next two anyway.

The pep band was a great tribute. Those were some of Margaret's band buddies that just wanted to come and play for the big game. While we are sad to see her softball career come to end, it was a fitting tribute to have everyone there, at home for the last game.

There was one out at that time. The batter in the order between Jesse and Margaret struck out. I think Coach Moore felt like he could score Jesse from second and wanted to take his chance with two batters, instead of given up an out. I didn't matter, Kandice struck out the next two anyway.

The pep band was a great tribute. Those were some of Margaret's band buddies that just wanted to come and play for the big game. While we are sad to see her softball career come to end, it was a fitting tribute to have everyone there, at home for the last game.

Their was one out after the 2 hitter struck out. But she was still batting when Jessi got to second. Which means no onut runner on second. Bunt her to third.Then one out runner on third with Margret up. Possiable squeeze situation. Plus Howard scores from third on that line drive back to Kandice that deflected off here leg. You have to advance runners when you can against Kandice and not sit back and wait for the big hit. In my opinion the score should have been one nothin Farragut at the end of one.