Morgan County

i HERE that some kids from coalfied have used steroids?

I cain't beleave any of thease Morgen Cownty kids is a takin steeroids. My resipe for a steeroid repasemint is lissted belowe:

Steak, Spinash (axe Popeye) Soybeanes, Sallmon

Taters, Turnip Greenes, Turkee

Eggs

Eggplante

Raisens, Rye, Rutabeggers

Olives, Olive Oyl, Oranje Juise

Ice Cold Mater Juise

Dandylion greens-eatin a mess of these'll clean ewe out

Swish Cheese, Snappper fish, Shrimps

An gitcha at leaste 8 full hour of rest a nite. If ye cain't sleepe, at leaste 8 hours of rest is goode.

I had to take tham steeroids once fer abowt a week on account of poizon ivy. Tham thangs will mayke ye crazey.

And do everythang the coache wants ye to do. That is, if ye got a goode coache. If ye coache ain,t no goode, it ain,t gunna help, anyhoot.

Edited by festus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the talk of steroid use among Coalfield players is a bunch of bunk. I think that those kids just work their tales off and are the best conditioned team in the county come game one. It's simply a testament to their work and their dedicated coaching staff. And this is coming from a guy who lined up against Coalfield more than once in the always intense Wartburg-Coalfield rivalry years ago. I witnessed this superior conditioning last year when Coalfield's backs and receivers left Wartburg's defenders standing by thirty yards. It was a spectacle, really! No, those kids down at Coalfield employ hard work and dedication to win games. I believe another team in the county could take lessons.....not mentioning any names, of course.

I think all the talk of steroid use among Coalfield players is a bunch of bunk. I think that those kids just work their tales off and are the best conditioned team in the county come game one. It's simply a testament to their work and their dedicated coaching staff. And this is coming from a guy who lined up against Coalfield more than once in the always intense Wartburg-Coalfield rivalry years ago. I witnessed this superior conditioning last year when Coalfield's backs and receivers left Wartburg's defenders standing by thirty yards. It was a spectacle, really! No, those kids down at Coalfield employ hard work and dedication to win games. I believe another team in the county could take lessons.....not mentioning any names, of course.

Hat's off. Thanks for the support. It is not encouraged, nor condoned. However, the weight room, eating properly and hydration are encouraged.

Respect SCW86.

It's a shame when a small school like Coalfield can't enjoy the success they have with their football program without someone posting slanderous comments about their football program. Anyone and everyone who knows the coaching staff at Coalfield, knows the secret to their success is talent, hard work, and good coaching, and not from a bottle!

Coalfield will be as relentless as usual on the field. Speed and strength will be the key. They have a stable of running backs with Davis in the front leading the pack but better not count on stopping him. The others will flat out smoke you. The backs are about five deep and all are or can be explosive. Line will be questionable with big shoes to fill. But they may be filled due to hard work in off season in the weight room, eating a lot of peanut butter and tuna.

Sunbright has several bright spots and will be making a run but will be just a little short.

Oakdale, that program is making progress and should be of concern to several teams.

Wartburg, they couldn't do it last year with probably one of the best offensive lines in East TN.. They were not motivated and thus became underachievers. A lot of work needs to be put into that program. Question will be are they willing to do it? Yeah, they probably are rather than be humilated again with a winless season. Will it be enough? Time will tell on that front.

Coalfield will be as relentless as usual on the field. Speed and strength will be the key. They have a stable of running backs with Davis in the front leading the pack but better not count on stopping him. The others will flat out smoke you. The backs are about five deep and all are or can be explosive. Line will be questionable with big shoes to fill. But they may be filled due to hard work in off season in the weight room, eating a lot of peanut butter and tuna.

Sunbright has several bright spots and will be making a run but will be just a little short.

Oakdale, that program is making progress and should be of concern to several teams.

Wartburg, they couldn't do it last year with probably one of the best offensive lines in East TN.. They were not motivated and thus became underachievers. A lot of work needs to be put into that program. Question will be are they willing to do it? Yeah, they probably are rather than be humilated again with a winless season. Will it be enough? Time will tell on that front.

thats true about coalfield, they have to be considered to be the favorites again, thought i do think the sunbright/coalfield game will determine who wins region. coalfield returns great skill players, brandon davis who can play either wideout or RB, steven gunter who is probably one of the most underrated players in the region also returns at wr, also jessie keith and jared knight along with many other good players. also returning johnny hill at QB

now for sunbright, their line will be key. they should have plenty of experience returning four seniors to be on the line including zach davis,tony poppel, travis hamby,and john watson. they are also loaded at the skill positions returning all state WR in brandon thompson and offensive POY in QB jordan young...willie dutton also has very good speed.

oakdale seems to be improving more and more every year, i hear they are hiring a new head coach from georgia and leaving childers with the offensive playcalling. i look for another 2-8 possibly 3-7 season this year...

1st off thx for the post catback its good to hear good things come from ppl that r not from Coalfield ...

& yes Johnny Hill will be a big part of the O but hes not been the same since the injury last season his long ball needs alot of work but hes pretty good on the short routes ... I just hope the Coaches see that & work on it with him ... but he did look pretty good in the spring against York ...

C'mon guys... Steriods? That will always be a question as long as Coalfield continues dominate the county. I agree Davis is the top player probley will Thompson comin in a close second. Also I noticed that Jordan Young hasn't been mettinioned? I mean Thompson is a great player don't get me wrong but he can't throw it to himself. Also I think Nick Barnes Could be a sleeper this year in the county. Coming in for his Junior Year I look for him to make an impact and maybe help out w/ offsense. Along with Ryan Armes a rising Sophmore. Kid is strong but I don't know how he will be able to carry the ball. Decent speed. Another rising sophmore could possibly be a BIG KEY for Coalfied... TC Armes-Duncan. Big kid and strong, speed is a serious ?, but this kid Has more football smarts than possibly anyone I know. Kid knows how to throw a block and bring down a ball carrier. Another good Sophmore Nick Henes. Big strong hard runner. Could take alot of pressure off Young and Thompson to try to connect every down. I think that all the teams around the county aren't the most talented, but there is alot of heart and a lot of heart in the young kids, And think all the coaches will find some diamonds in the rough this year. Can't wait for the season. Best of luck to all Morgan County teams.

C'mon guys... Steriods? That will always be a question as long as Coalfield continues dominate the county. I agree Davis is the top player probley will Thompson comin in a close second. Also I noticed that Jordan Young hasn't been mettinioned? I mean Thompson is a great player don't get me wrong but he can't throw it to himself. Also I think Nick Barnes Could be a sleeper this year in the county. Coming in for his Junior Year I look for him to make an impact and maybe help out w/ offsense. Along with Ryan Armes a rising Sophmore. Kid is strong but I don't know how he will be able to carry the ball. Decent speed. Another rising sophmore could possibly be a BIG KEY for Coalfied... TC Armes-Duncan. Big kid and strong, speed is a serious ?, but this kid Has more football smarts than possibly anyone I know. Kid knows how to throw a block and bring down a ball carrier. Another good Sophmore Nick Henes. Big strong hard runner. Could take alot of pressure off Young and Thompson to try to connect every down. I think that all the teams around the county aren't the most talented, but there is alot of heart and a lot of heart in the young kids, And think all the coaches will find some diamonds in the rough this year. Can't wait for the season. Best of luck to all Morgan County teams.

I don't agree with that, Coalfield dominates the county because of their coaching staff!

Yes That is what I meant. I personally don't think any of the kids at coalfield uses steriods cause I know A couple good and They work their butts off in the weight room and that is a good part of the coaching staff motivating them. I didn't mean Coalfield dominates cause steriods I didn't mean that in any way. good luck to the Jackets.