High School Drug Screen

eaglesin08

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At our school we test football players, band memebers, cheer leaders, and any other extra-curricular in the building.

I believe that if they are going to test the students, then they should test the coaches, teachers, etc... All the way to the school board and the superintendant. Just how drug free do they want to be???

At our school we test football players, band memebers, cheer leaders, and any other extra-curricular in the building.

Same thing at our school and we have been testing for several years at the high school and Jr. high level...you consent to be tested or you don't play or don't participate in extra-curriculars...you also must consent for repeat testing for reasonable cause during the season. There is no random drug testing though...I think random testing would also be a good thing speaking from a parental point of view. If you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, so what's the big deal?

Edited by Lions4ever

i have been taking creatine for about two months now. i asked my coach if it was illegal before i started using it just to make sure of anything i didnt know about. he told me it was okay for me to use creatine now, but in later years they might ban it from high school. but as of right now i'm pretty sure it's not violating any rules.

personally, i hope they do start drug testing high school athletes. there is no need for any student-athlete to need to do any illegal substances. it is completely rediculous for someone at any age to use illegal substances other than medical reasons. there are too many stupid athletes in high school that are making huge mistakes for themselves in the long run

I believe that if they are going to test the students, then they should test the coaches, teachers, etc... All the way to the school board and the superintendant. Just how drug free do they want to be???

Great point 46. What about bus drivers also? What's worse your kids bus driver on drugs or the back-up long snapper smoking a joint on the weekend. I do not do any drugs other the caffeine or aspirin, and I do have kids, so I don't want to hear any of saying "you are just a druggie" or "you must not have kids yourself", but I think public schools should not test any student. If parents want to have their kids tested, it is not that hard. Who is paying for the schools to do drug tests? I could think of a few better ways to spend tax dollars than on drug tests. This is just another way for lazy parents to put their responsibilities of raising their children on someone else.

You could look at it that way as a parent that supervises their children as you state....but what about all the parents that don't give a crap that have kids that are on the same team with your kids? How do you insure that they are not drug dealing crackheads getting your kids on drugs? I think testing is fine and I have kids also and I hope that I have done all I can to keep them drug free but I would kid myself if I didn't understand that the temptations are out there for them every day and help from all directions is a welcome addition to what I am trying to do.

Ole Dad

Great point 46. What about bus drivers also? What's worse your kids bus driver on drugs or the back-up long snapper smoking a joint on the weekend. I do not do any drugs other the caffeine or aspirin, and I do have kids, so I don't want to hear any of saying "you are just a druggie" or "you must not have kids yourself", but I think public schools should not test any student. If parents want to have their kids tested, it is not that hard. Who is paying for the schools to do drug tests? I could think of a few better ways to spend tax dollars than on drug tests. This is just another way for lazy parents to put their responsibilities of raising their children on someone else.

:o i think tssaa sould test every football,basketball,softball,baseball etc. players in the state.With drugs problem we are having with kids today, it sould be required

How many of you think this idea will ever be statewide by TSSAA? There are some programs that would be hurt.