Lots of upsets

binns37388

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#2 Seed USJ upset #1 Seed Gibson County :thumb:

On paper this was an upset but was it really an upset?

Thx for the reply. I know there were several so called upsets in middle tennesse and some in the Chattanooga area. There could be more #2 seeds overall winning than #1 seeds across the state and I find that shocking.

According to my calculations, 23 number two seeds won last night. There are two AA games to be played today. Anderson Co. vs. Gibbs and Marshall Co. vs. David Lipscomb.

Break down by classes: 5 number two seeds won in Class A, 8 number two seeds won in Class AA, and 10 number two seeds won in Class AAA.

On paper they may be considered upsets, if you go by seeding. However, in reality, some of those games probably were not upsets.

Hey Binns, I still heard that ball hit the batter's foot. :thumb:

Edited by jclariday

#2 Seed USJ upset #1 Seed Gibson County B)

On paper this was an upset but was it really an upset?

No it wasn't, you guys play good but Gibson showed no signs of giving up. Both teams left it all on the field. Also Spencer look good behind the plate :thumb:

in AA, several districts had both teams advance, and other districts had 0 wins in the opening round of regionals. I think that says more about the strength of certain districts than it does about upsets.

Districts 2,4,8,14, and 16 all had two wins. Districts 1,3,7,13,15 had no wins.

District 9 could have two wins and D 10 no wins if Lipscomb wins today. So far only 4 districts split 1W - 1L.

There were two upsets in Region 2AAA. The #2 seed Karns, from District 3AAA upset the #1 seed Bearden from District 4AAA. The #2 seed Farragut, from District 4AAA upset the #1 seed Halls from District 3AAA.

Was farragut beating halls with the aces on the mound really a "upset"? Farragut now has a great chance to make state and many people wouldnt really call it an "upset"

Was farragut beating halls with the aces on the mound really a "upset"? Farragut now has a great chance to make state and many people wouldnt really call it an "upset"

I was simply going by ranking as an upset. I really don't find that much of one either. Its just that a #2 beat a #1. That's the upset.