Region Format Suggestion

sportsguy22

In my opinion, there is no reason that softball and baseball region tournaments shouldn't be four-team double-elimination tournaments. Here's my thoughts:

1) All the district and state tournaments are double-elimination as they should be.

2) Why make only the region semifinals single-elimination?

3) Why force teams into a make or break game immediately after a double-elimination district tournament and just before an upcoming double-elimination state tournament?

4) It would only take three days to play a double-elimination region tournament, starting on Monday, finishing whenever the TSSAA deemed necessary...probably on Friday with Saturday as a make-up date possibilty.

5) It's only fair to all teams to play double-elimination throughout the tournaments.

6) Get rid of the sectional contest (too much travel involved anyway) and take all 8 Regional winners in each classification to the State Tournament.

Fair enough? What does everyone think? Thanks.

:)

In my opinion, there is no reason that softball and baseball region tournaments shouldn't be four-team double-elimination tournaments. Here's my thoughts:

1) All the district and state tournaments are double-elimination as they should be.

2) Why make only the region semifinals single-elimination?

3) Why force teams into a make or break game immediately after a double-elimination district tournament and just before an upcoming double-elimination state tournament?

4) It would only take three days to play a double-elimination region tournament, starting on Monday, finishing whenever the TSSAA deemed necessary...probably on Friday with Saturday as a make-up date possibilty.

5) It's only fair to all teams to play double-elimination throughout the tournaments.

6) Get rid of the sectional contest (too much travel involved anyway) and take all 8 Regional winners in each classification to the State Tournament.

Fair enough? What does everyone think? Thanks.

:thumb:

As I've said and will continue to say, it won't work...'cause it's too good of an ideaR!

Great idea, but great ideas and TSSAA...now there's an oxymoron.

ExACTLY! ;);)

Its a VERY bad idea, and I'll tell you why: Some Regions ar SUPER weak. Take Region 3A in baseball. There are probably 4 teams in region 4 better than any in region 3. With the sub-state round, at least 2 of those have a chance to go to state. And it would be a cakewalk to get to state if the other district in your region was awful. Kind of like district 2 in region 1A. They are no compotition in any sport. So if a team from region 1A could win thier own district, they've practicly made it to state. Thats why the sub-state round is a good idea. Now on the regionals not being double elimanation, I have no idea why its that way. I'd like to see double elimanation, but I guess that would take more time and raise travel expenses.