Oak Ridge vs Bearden

DCCATVOICE

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to watch much of spring this year, but I do know a few things. This team is young, but the junior class is deep and loaded with talent, especially at the O-line and backfield positions. Also, the #1 WR is a huge threat. However, the starting QB will not play and he is a HUGE difference maker with his arms and legs, as well as one of the better RB's and one of the WR's being out due to a spring sport. Defense will be pretty good at the LB positions.

Don't look for anything fancy from what I hear, and remember, these guys are still learning the system, but they play tough.

BHS, OR should look much better today than they did against Powell, where they had a lot of young guys playing and missed a whole bunch of assignments. Coach Stevens doesn't really scrimmage to win. He scrimmages to build depth, to see which kids are ready to step up and what positions they're capable of playing. He will also experiment with different plays and formations that we may or may not see come August. There are a number of starters/contributors that will not be in uniform tonite for one reason or another. Should be a good scrimmage.

Hey DCCATVOICE, what happened to Tre Smith? Is he still with the team?

Kind of a tale of two halves. The first half Oak Ridge looked good, then the second half Bearden looked good. I think the first part Bearden was somewhat intimidated by Oak Ridge, but after playing them for a while they realized that they were a good team as well and the fire was lit and they stoked it well.

Oak Ridge started out and felt they could handle this team and backed off the throttle. The OR Players have to learn soon that they must keep up the intensity the whole game. The leaders need to lead the whole time and set the example.

Lots of pics were taken of both Bearden and Oak Ridge players. I will load them during the night to website and they can be viewed by the morning. Some realy good shots if I might say so myself.

The link to the pictures is:

Oak Ridge Boosters Picture Web Page

Bearden showed poise and resolve throughout. Got a lot of really talented players that can shine a whole game. I look for Bearden to be a tough team this coming year based on what I saw at the scrimmage.

Good luck to Bearden and the Oak Ridge Wildcats. Friday Night Football in Eat Tennesse, it don't get any better. :D

Tell the wildcats they played a good game, The scrimmage was awesome, the dogs had a blast, we all felt good about the game overall, the backup quarterbacks stepped up well, being without the starter i would say we did rather well. Good luck to the cats as well and maybe we will see each other come november. OakRidgeCat, were you the photographer on the field?

Glad you enjoy. Some people question why the boosters sell these photos. Being a player you will understand that the Boosters raise money to take care of the players beyond what the school provides. Without this revenue things that actually need to be done for the athletes, and things that should be done for the athletes are not done. While this is new to the OR Boosters, and has generated no revenue yet (less than a year old), but is paying for itself, it is expected to grow as we get the exposure. My services, time, equipment are all donated free of charge. I enjoy the challenge of taking a good photo.

Bearden has the desire, intensity, and a great coaching staff to go far this season. I wish you all the best, but if we meet later in the season, sorry, :thumb: this Cat is rooting for the home team!

Edited by OakRidgeCat

• 2 weeks later...