AA brackets set!

necvol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know for sure when these games are yet?

99.99% sure about the USJ Bracket to be played @ Columbia St.:

10:00 Tuesday-------------Anderson Co. vs Notre Dame

45 min. after Game #1---USJ vs Harpeth

Losers of Game #1 and Game #2 play @ 7:00 Tuesday

Winner of Anderson Co./N.Dame vs Winner of USJ/Harpeth play @ 4:00 Wed.

Go to chattanoogan.com for a great Bracket that has times for each game!!!

Edited by necvol

very easy bracket tosee

I like these picks. Harpeth is rolling beating Lipscomb(defending champs) 14-1. They had to pitch 3 pitchers so they could get some outs in the game. I like lexington because like harpeth they can hit anybody maybe a little better than harpeth, but I think Harpeth has better pitching than lexington.

Is it still double elimination???

You can't be serious with the thought of Harpeth having better pitching than Lexington. Not only is Lexington more talented on the hill, but their deeper. Don't get me wrong, Harpeth is legit and a very solid team ESPECIALLY offensively.

1's: Keck vs. Erland

Keck clearly wins the battle in the aces category. Keck is a consistent 87-89 from the left side with typical lefty stuff. Erland isn't going to touch 87, and if it he did muster up enough to get there, he wouldn't be consistent enough to stay there.

2's: Patterson vs. Lampley

Patterson is going to win this battle as well in my category. Patterson is a precision dart thrower as he can spot up any pitch in his arsenal. He has the crafty lefty stuff. However, not taking away from Lampley he can throw harder than Patterson, as JP isn't going to throw it by anyone in the Harpeth lineup.

Closers: Alsup/B. Keck vs. Catfish

This will be the battle that will be the toss up. Alsup clearly the hardest thrower of the group, but the problem is that it's flat and it's all he's got. The younger Keck closes also for Lexington and will pump it up 85-86 and has some decent offspeed. Catfish for Harpeth can blow it by any lineup as well, and has some solid offspeed stuff that goes with it. He arguably could be the best pitcher they have all in all.

Final Result:

Lexington wins 6-2

thanx

You can't be serious with the thought of Harpeth having better pitching than Lexington. Not only is Lexington more talented on the hill, but their deeper. Don't get me wrong, Harpeth is legit and a very solid team ESPECIALLY offensively.

1's: Keck vs. Erland

Keck clearly wins the battle in the aces category. Keck is a consistent 87-89 from the left side with typical lefty stuff. Erland isn't going to touch 87, and if it he did muster up enough to get there, he wouldn't be consistent enough to stay there.

2's: Patterson vs. Lampley

Patterson is going to win this battle as well in my category. Patterson is a precision dart thrower as he can spot up any pitch in his arsenal. He has the crafty lefty stuff. However, not taking away from Lampley he can throw harder than Patterson, as JP isn't going to throw it by anyone in the Harpeth lineup.

Closers: Alsup/B. Keck vs. Catfish

This will be the battle that will be the toss up. Alsup clearly the hardest thrower of the group, but the problem is that it's flat and it's all he's got. The younger Keck closes also for Lexington and will pump it up 85-86 and has some decent offspeed. Catfish for Harpeth can blow it by any lineup as well, and has some solid offspeed stuff that goes with it. He arguably could be the best pitcher they have all in all.

Final Result:

Lexington wins 6-2

That really shows me and every other Harpeth fan and player on here that you dont know what your talking about. Yes Keck throws hard and is the best out of the whole harpeth squad, but Erland was 8-0 at one point coming into the district tournament and he had a .33 ERA. Erland is the most effective pitcher out of both teams. Not to mention Erland has more "craftiness" than Keck.

And for Harpeth's number 2 it isnt Lampley by all means, its Fiser. HE throws it mid to low 80's consistent, and Patterson throws slower than my no armed grandmother sooooooo, if Fiser throws what I said he did and Patterson doesnt throw as fast as him then that would make Fiser better than Patterson by your termonology. The only reason Patterson would have a better record than Fise is because Fise faces powerhouse 3a teams such as Blackman, Farragut (which he got the win in), and then some good 2a teams as well, Sycamore, page, LExington and whoever else he plays against in the state.

And Closer's we will go back to effectiveness Catfish doesnt have one blown save he throws it hard as crap nobody can catch up to it if you only see him in the seventh which is the only time you will see him. I havent seen your closer so I cant say anything about him.

But you really cant make a pitcher comparison between the two, because you can say the same thing about each other. I hope to see LExington and Harpeth in the championship so we can see another great game. :)

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

Agreed. Harpeth has loads of pitching depth. It goes beyond #1 and #2. I'd say right now Lampley and Fiser are co #2's depending on what sort of ball club they're facing. One from the left side and one from the right. I wouldn't be afraid to throw Brown or Snider in there as well in middle relief or Jonesey for a change of pace. They won't run out of pitching, that's for sure.

That really shows me and every other Harpeth fan and player on here that you dont know what your talking about. Yes Keck throws hard and is the best out of the whole harpeth squad, but Erland was 8-0 at one point coming into the district tournament and he had a .33 ERA. Erland is the most effective pitcher out of both teams. Not to mention Erland has more "craftiness" than Keck.

And for Harpeth's number 2 it isnt Lampley by all means, its Fiser. HE throws it mid to low 80's consistent, and Patterson throws slower than my no armed grandmother sooooooo, if Fiser throws what I said he did and Patterson doesnt throw as fast as him then that would make Fiser better than Patterson by your termonology. The only reason Patterson would have a better record than Fise is because Fise faces powerhouse 3a teams such as Blackman, Farragut (which he got the win in), and then some good 2a teams as well, Sycamore, page, LExington and whoever else he plays against in the state.

And Closer's we will go back to effectiveness Catfish doesnt have one blown save he throws it hard as crap nobody can catch up to it if you only see him in the seventh which is the only time you will see him. I havent seen your closer so I cant say anything about him.

But you really cant make a pitcher comparison between the two, because you can say the same thing about each other. I hope to see LExington and Harpeth in the championship so we can see another great game. :)

Who gave up the winning run agianst Lexington?