Farragut vs. Riverdale

ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Farragut play, but I think it will be close. Only say this because of the statistics of goals allowed and goals scored for each team.

Riverdale 2 - Farragut - 1

Just curious have you seen Riverdale play? Just wondering if you or anyone would give some info about them, like how they play and stuff

Just curious have you seen Riverdale play? Just wondering if you or anyone would give some info about them, like how they play and stuff

Riverdale is a solid team from front to back and especially in the back. They also have a very good striker in Shane Rollins and a very good goalie. I think they play a 4-4-2. It will be difficult to get buy them in the back. They possess the ball very well and will kind of feel you out in the first half. Good team, that has a very good shot to go all the way, however, they have a tough bracket facing number 6 Farragut, then a hot hot team in Hendersonville. It's going to be interesting.

Their strikers were good but I think Nic and Farragut defenders can handle them. They did not have any threat in the midfield. All they did was long balls. I thought best player they have is their goalie. He is tall and quick.

Farragut wins 2-0.

Edited by Wavecup

Riverdale is a solid team from front to back and especially in the back. They also have a very good striker in Shane Rollins and a very good goalie. I think they play a 4-4-2. It will be difficult to get buy them in the back. They possess the ball very well and will kind of feel you out in the first half. Good team, that has a very good shot to go all the way, however, they have a tough bracket facing number 6 Farragut, then a hot hot team in Hendersonville. It's going to be interesting.

Sorry BlackmanSoccerDad, I do not agree with part of your statement. "They possess the ball very well and will kind of feel you out in the first half." I was at the game on Saturday and from what I saw, McMinn controlled the ball for at least 80% of the time. The goals that Riverdale scored were breakaways, nothing that required possession. I congratulate Riverdale on the fine win, but I think Farragut will beat Riverdale in a not so close game. It can only be close by score, if Riverdale's goalkeeper shows up and controls his box. :D

Edited by luckyee

Sorry BlackmanSoccerDad, I do not agree with part of your statement. "They possess the ball very well and will kind of feel you out in the first half." I was at the game on Saturday and from what I saw, McMinn controlled the ball for at least 80% of the time. The goals that Riverdale scored were breakaways, nothing that required possession. I congratulate Riverdale on the fine win, but I think Farragut will beat Riverdale in a not so close game. It can only be close by score, if Riverdale's goalkeeper shows up and controls his box. :thumb:

Yeah I guess you are right. Riverdale certainly didn't feel McMinn out in the first half... they owned them in the first half, which is pretty good for only possessing the ball 20% of the game. And if by "possession" you mean attempting to dribble the ball all the way down the field without passing until the ball is stripped away from you and cleared by one of the best defenses in Middle Tenn, then yes they didn't do anything that required "possession." But if you mean making good clean passes and FINISHING, then I'd say they possessed pretty well. BTW, I'm pretty sure BlackmanSoccerDad was there too and saw the same game you did.

ambiguousrock Farragut wins 2-1.

BlackmanSoccerDad Riverdale 2 - Farragut - 1

Tin-Man 2-1 for Farragut in overtime

soccer4life Farragut will give them more than they can handle and take the win by 2-3 goals

Wavecup Farragut wins 2-0.

Ok, now how many of you have actually seen both teams play, more specifically, play RECENTLY?