Can anyone beat Brentwood

mack6

Doesn't seem like Brentwood would get anything out of playing BGA. Even if they won they wouldn't win. Kind of like Hendersonville playing JP2 or Houstong playing Christian Brothers.

Nothing in it for the AAA schools.

Explain to me why they wouldn't get anything out of it. Inter-county rival are always fun and the competition would be good for both teams to prepare for the post season.

Are you saying that it might hurt their record to lose to an inferior team? Surely not.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like TnFC staff is good at recruiting (at least this year) and I suppose all the newcomers may help in the State tournament--but that is far from certain. But what about the players already in the club who have played on these teams for years. Where's the team development and why can't the TnFC coaching staff develop their own talent with a player pool as big as Metro Nashville? If I was a TnFC player or parent and someone brought on 5 new players at the last minute with no history with the team or club from anywhere else (National team included), I'd never be back.

Agreed Hoya. It seems development has been thrown out the window and win at all cost has taken over. My worry would be what happens when all the kids have to go back to the National team and you are left with a shell of a team.

Agreed Hoya. It seems development has been thrown out the window and win at all cost has taken over. My worry would be what happens when all the kids have to go back to the National team and you are left with a shell of a team.

I believe most of the starters for '88 this year are kids that have been playing on that team for years. Besides, at this level, many of the kids are trying to impress scouts. You can do so if you're at regionals and such. Let the kids win, and stop whining.

I believe most of the starters for '88 this year are kids that have been playing on that team for years. Besides, at this level, many of the kids are trying to impress scouts. You can do so if you're at regionals and such. Let the kids win, and stop whining.

Not whinning.

Regionals is a great experience and there are a lot of scouts. But what happens to the team when all those guys are gone? I know the 89s struggled when Daniel was playing on he National team. What would happen if 5 guys are gone? That is half of a starting line up.

Also the guys on the National team don't need to be scouted. I believe most of them are known by now. I could be wrong.

Not whinning.

Regionals is a great experience and there are a lot of scouts. But what happens to the team when all those guys are gone? I know the 89s struggled when Daniel was playing on he National team. What would happen if 5 guys are gone? That is half of a starting line up.

Also the guys on the National team don't need to be scouted. I believe most of them are known by now. I could be wrong.

Who on '88 is playing on any national team?

the 89 TNFC team isnt that good even with daniel. The fact of that is the 90 team beats them almost everytime they play them with him so we shouldnt worry about the 89 team b/c the 3 other national players have never played for them b4 so it wouldnt be that much different than normal. The biggest thing they should worry about is that taylor preston is out and dont count them in for regionals b/c they would be lucky to win state!!!

TNFC 88 are really good because they have guys who have played together for a long time and also have picked up a few other players from diff cities and they freaking got 2nd in regionals last year so everyone should join the bandwagon..they dont just have to have national team players across the board to be good, remember its a team game and the best TEAM wins which could, or could not have national players..

TNFC 90 have recruited from all over the state to basically pick up an all star team and they look quite strong and cant wait to see them play in state and regionals, and possibly nationals!!..

Edited by bhs120

i dont think there are any national players on the '88's.

a lot of people have said that the '90s and '88s of tnfc are the best teams to represent TN and rightly so. also, people have been saying that they pick up a lot of talent and dont develop. they might pick up players,but the core of both of those teams has been together for a good while. i know for the '90s have been a great team since they were 10 years old. i dont know as much about the '88s but im sure its the same with them. so no, development isnt thrown out the window totally, just to some degree. the reason these teams are so good is not only because they have a lot of talent but also because they play so well together and gelled easily.

good luck to both teams at regionals.

i dont think there are any national players on the '88's.

a lot of people have said that the '90s and '88s of tnfc are the best teams to represent TN and rightly so. also, people have been saying that they pick up a lot of talent and dont develop. they might pick up players,but the core of both of those teams has been together for a good while. i know for the '90s have been a great team since they were 10 years old. i dont know as much about the '88s but im sure its the same with them. so no, development isnt thrown out the window totally, just to some degree. the reason these teams are so good is not only because they have a lot of talent but also because they play so well together and gelled easily.

good luck to both teams at regionals.

chaos11...you hit it right on the nose..the 90's have been playing for the same coach for a long time and still have 10 or more players that are at the "core of the team"

the 89 TNFC team isnt that good even with daniel. The fact of that is the 90 team beats them almost everytime they play them with him so we shouldnt worry about the 89 team b/c the 3 other national players have never played for them b4 so it wouldnt be that much different than normal. The biggest thing they should worry about is that taylor preston is out and dont count them in for regionals b/c they would be lucky to win state!!!

TNFC 88 are really good because they have guys who have played together for a long time and also have picked up a few other players from diff cities and they freaking got 2nd in regionals last year so everyone should join the bandwagon..they dont just have to have national team players across the board to be good, remember its a team game and the best TEAM wins which could, or could not have national players..

TNFC 90 have recruited from all over the state to basically pick up an all star team and they look quite strong and cant wait to see them play in state and regionals, and possibly nationals!!..

I think all 3 teams are very good, but the 88 and 90 teams are on another level. I enjoyed watching the 88s at regionals last year, but didn't get to see the 90s. I did see there final game against the Arsenal at state and the players they have picked up should add to the dominance they already enjoy.

Sandy is a good coach and has taught all those guys very well. Has he always been the coach or does he pick them up at a certain age?

I think all 3 teams are very good, but the 88 and 90 teams are on another level. I enjoyed watching the 88s at regionals last year, but didn't get to see the 90s. I did see there final game against the Arsenal at state and the players they have picked up should add to the dominance they already enjoy.

Sandy is a good coach and has taught all those guys very well. Has he always been the coach or does he pick them up at a certain age?

Sandy has been the coach of '90 for a long time. I know his son used to be on the team before he moved in with his mother.

im pretty sure sandy has been with that team from the very beginning. that's an incredible team. you have alex and brandon up top with stephen and bo in the midfield. not to mention a great backline and keeper. and adding ozzie fraire, daniel tackling and patrick kelly will only make them better. pretty much stacked at every position.

In the last 3 years the 88s have only had 3 players join their team. Out of the 18 players on the team 11 of them have been with TNFC for atleast 5 years. They have no national players but a few regional players. congrats to TNFC on almost all of the players that wanted to play college getting that chance. Can anyone give them a run in state?