Can anyone beat Brentwood

mack6

I've heard all year that if you stop Lowder, you shut down their offense. I guess Bearden's D shut down their attack. That's at least 4 shutouts in a row for Bearden's defense. Good luck tomorrow vs. Ridgeway.

everything bearden did defensively was text book

SHOTS: Brentwood - 5; Bearden 8.

SAVES: Brentwood - 2 (Jordan Leedle); Bearden - 4.

FOULS: Brentwood - 4; Bearden - 7.

CORNER KICKS: Brentwood - 2; Bearden - 7.

GOALS: Bearden - Tom Webster (12th Minute, Assist - Brandon Wyrick); Bearden - Scott Heminway (53rd Minute, Unassisted); Bearden - Rico Carter (74th Minute, Unassisted).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard all year that if you stop Lowder, you shut down their offense. I guess Bearden's D shut down their attack. That's at least 4 shutouts in a row for Bearden's defense. Good luck tomorrow vs. Ridgeway.

Lowder played with the least amount of passion of anyone out there, by far. They didn't need to shut him out, because he really didn't care. However, he was still about as effective as anyone else on the Brentwood squad. Probably still one of the better players for the Bruins despite his lack of effort.

Once again, Bearden played with a purpose. Their defense played well, and their forwards had Brentwood's number.

Lowder played with the least amount of passion of anyone out there, by far. They didn't need to shut him out, because he really didn't care. However, he was still about as effective as anyone else on the Brentwood squad. Probably still one of the better players for the Bruins despite his lack of effort.

Once again, Bearden played with a purpose. Their defense played well, and their forwards had Brentwood's number.

wow thats pretty harsh about lowder. can anyone else back that up(that he didnt care)? i mean i can see him having an off game and being frustrated but rarely does someone just not care about state. i really wanted to see brentwood play but i guess i cant now. sounds like bearden played one heck of a game.

lowder is a great player, best of luck to him at louisville.

wow thats pretty harsh about lowder. can anyone else back that up(that he didnt care)? i mean i can see him having an off game and being frustrated but rarely does someone just not care about state. i really wanted to see brentwood play but i guess i cant now. sounds like bearden played one heck of a game.

lowder is a great player, best of luck to him at louisville.

GREAT GAME BEARDEN!!! they played amazingly tonight.

Lowder did try some times, and almost broke free until Trevor fouled him (without a call). Lowder was not that special and probably needs a harder schedule to get used to those types of games, i can see how he would mop up weaker teams though, and probably could thegood teams if he had experience in doing so.

i do not know who but someone had an absolute rocket from the Brentwood squad that almost went in even though it went 2 feet away from the keeper.

as for Tom Webster, he is one of the best sophmores in state in my opinion, his goal was one of the best plays by Bearden that i have seen (it consisted of Brandon Wyrick and Tom, all the way down the field).

He is playing for the Arsenal (Crush) this season last i heard.

Edited by Tin-Man

Tom's only a sophomore? Man, that kids a player. He was dribbling around Brentwood's left back all night long.

ya i loved it, he did really well. I myself was proud to be on his team once upon a time.

Brentwood for next year really need to push a much harder schedule. They did not look ready at all for the top teams. I know i keep hampering on and on about this, but a harder schedule does push better results.

GREAT GAME BEARDEN!!! they played amazingly tonight.

Lowder did try some times, and almost broke free until Trevor fouled him (without a call). Lowder was not that special and probably needs a harder schedule to get used to those types of games, i can see how he would mop up weaker teams though, and probably could thegood teams if he had experience in doing so.

i do not know who but someone had an absolute rocket from the Brentwood squad that almost went in even though it went 2 feet away from the keeper.

as for Tom Webster, he is one of the best sophmores in state in my opinion, his goal was one of the best plays by Bearden that i have seen (it consisted of Brandon Wyrick and Tom, all the way down the field).

He is playing for the Arsenal (Crush) this season last i heard.

Haha, you are kidding right, Lowder does not need better competition in HS, he plays for one of the best club teams to ever represent the state of TN, TNFC 88. He and everyone on that team have played better competition than anyone else in the state, getting to the regional final last year and losing to the eventual national champs, dallas texans. Brentwood losing is not a huge upset in my opinion, with their weak schedule it was hard to tell how good they were, I will give you that.

ya i loved it, he did really well. I myself was proud to be on his team once upon a time.

Brentwood for next year really need to push a much harder schedule. They did not look ready at all for the top teams. I know i keep hampering on and on about this, but a harder schedule does push better results.

They need to learn to finish. They were very proficient in passing the ball around in the midfield, but missed several opportunities to shoot the ball.

Haha, you are kidding right, Lowder does not need better competition in HS, he plays for one of the best club teams to ever represent the state of TN, TNFC 88. He and everyone on that team have played better competition than anyone else in the state, getting to the regional final last year and losing to the eventual national champs, dallas texans. Brentwood losing is not a huge upset in my opinion, with their weak schedule it was hard to tell how good they were, I will give you that.

they ahve not played harder competition than the Stars or the Impact for they both played in the highest premier league possible (and got beat thouroughly i might add).

I know who he plays for and i understand that for TNFC he plays at a high level, but that is with a certain team with other great players that he can work with. He needs to learn how to use his players for his high school team that are not so great and have not played at such a high level. Get my point?

he has to make it work with his high school team and by looking at it tonight he failed badly.

So he needs to play higher competition with his high school team so that he can find a way to benefit from it.

They need to learn to finish. They were very proficient in passing the ball around in the midfield, but missed several opportunities to shoot the ball.

yes i agree they did have some open looks that went overlooked, and they have people that can shoot, my prediction of 3-1 almost happened in the last minute of play, but the kid (don't know who) kicked it over the goal instead of placing.

Bearden needs to learn how to push a midfielder up on oncoming opposing players, too often i saw a Brentwood player dribbling freely about 20-25 yards away. A couple of times a center defender had to step up (very dangerous) to pressure the guy with the ball.