McKenzie vs. Forrest

mcfan10

I don't know about the guns today, but I do know that in the East Robertson game last week some of their fans talked to 4 or 5 of the scouts that were there and they all had him at 97 about 4 times, low 90's 8 out of 10 pitches other times. That was not the first time, either. Why would Hayes want to go to Bethel if he could go to a big school? Be a gracious winner. You guys took it today, if it was played again next week it might be a different story. Congratulations again.

As it goes, it shows you are like many of the other people that dog that school. They are now in our conference and they are a very respectable team and program. I have a lot of respect for the coaches and players, they are a fun team to be around. They are now in our conference, which will be the #1 conference in the country in NAIA. As much as I hate to say it, if he goes there that makes them an automatic contender for top spot. So i'd say that would be graciously winning, and so would everyone else. Besides just because you go to a DI school, doesn't mean that you are a better athlete, it just means you get more tv time, and you get more free apparel, but if you've got talent, the scouts will find you, especially a kid like that, as to who's already on the radar anyway.

And as far as Minor throwing 97, that's the biggest crock of B.S. i've ever heard in my life, i sat there and watched him top out at 88 on a stalker sport gun with Rodney Henderson who is with the Mets. I saw the same gun get Hayes at 95....argument solved. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's ok you don't have to make something up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew pitched an awesome game today. The Minor kid also pitched good. McKenzie won because they capitalize on Forrest's mistakes. The reason that Drew would play at Bethel is because his dad is the Head Baseball Coach, and Drew has always wanted to play for his Dad. I mean it sure would be hard to tell your Dad no and go play for another school. I am glad for Coach Maddox. Great Season. McKenzie has worked really hard for this. Forrest has nothing to hang their heads cause any given day a team can be beat.

Just got Home. What a game. Minor vs Hayes. Forrest and McKenzie.

Hayes was pumped. After hearing how the Forrest players had run thier pie holes he went out and shut it up for them. After the first batter from Forrest watched the first fast ball go by he looked back to the dug as to say we are in trouble and they were.

Hayes was on fire. The fast ball was to much for Forrest and that was the difference. Hats off to both teams and Congads from Huntingdon to the

McKenzie Rebels.

I have to question your quote "Forrest players had run their pie holes." This group of young men have worked hard ( as have the ones from McKenzie) they are good kids who were happy to meet their #1 goal of reaching the A State Championship game but to say they ran their pie holes, I disagree. What you have heard has been adults and fans of this great sport, some from Chapel Hill some from other places discussing the future of this team, but I doubt you have heard a word spoken from one of these players.

Congratulations to the players, parents, and fans from McKenzie. Hayes pitched an awesome game. To Drew Hayes, congratulations for the opportunity to play for Bethel and what an honor to play for you dad.

To the Forrest Rockets --- once again our young athletes have made our small town proud. Congratulations Seniors and remember no matter where life takes you - your biggest fans can be found right here at home in our small town of Chapel Hill, Tennessee. Thanks for your hard work.

I don't know about the guns today, but I do know that in the East Robertson game last week some of their fans talked to 4 or 5 of the scouts that were there and they all had him at 97 about 4 times, low 90's 8 out of 10 pitches other times. That was not the first time, either. Why would Hayes want to go to Bethel if he could go to a big school? Be a gracious winner. You guys took it today, if it was played again next week it might be a different story. Congratulations again.

His dad is the coach there....

I would be surprised to see either of them go in the first 8 rounds this year. Hayes hitting 95 is a shock to me - was it on a Stalker or Jugs - if not, it's not that reliable.

Congratulations to the McKenzie Rebels and Coach Maddox - job well done in proving everyone wrong about Class A baseball in West TN. Union City, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Halls, JCS, Adamsville all fielded quality teams this year as well.

wasn't humboldt like seven outs away from beating hayes

I have to question your quote "Forrest players had run their pie holes." This group of young men have worked hard ( as have the ones from McKenzie) they are good kids who were happy to meet their #1 goal of reaching the A State Championship game but to say they ran their pie holes, I disagree. What you have heard has been adults and fans of this great sport, some from Chapel Hill some from other places discussing the future of this team, but I doubt you have heard a word spoken from one of these players.

Congratulations to the players, parents, and fans from McKenzie. Hayes pitched an awesome game. To Drew Hayes, congratulations for the opportunity to play for Bethel and what an honor to play for you dad.

To the Forrest Rockets --- once again our young athletes have made our small town proud. Congratulations Seniors and remember no matter where life takes you - your biggest fans can be found right here at home in our small town of Chapel Hill, Tennessee. Thanks for your hard work.

Good post ForrestRockets. Both teams are outstanding and have had great seasons. Well done Rebels----we're proud of you here in McKenzie. And ya'll are bringing the Gold Ball home to boot. It's a great day for McKenzie and it's baseball supporters thanks to ya'll.

As for Drew, no matter what you decide to do we'll support you in your decision for the future man. Way to go Rebels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

i can understand minor throwing 88 from lack of rest. im sure uring the regular season he was around 89-91. that being said ive seen him pitch a few times in different scenarios and he has never once touched 97. maybe 93-94 but never 97. his fastball isnt the key though, its his location, changeup, and slider.

great season forrest and mckenzie and conrats to the rebels on winning it all.

sorry no next week for you guys.

according to the scouts that was there and that have been scouting Mikie all year said that hayes was clocked at 91 a few times but mostly around 89, 90. Mikie was at 87, 88. Mikie did loose some velocity due to lack of days rest between starts during the post season games. Was a good game & congrats to McKenzie.

Hayes has pitched just as much in the post season as minor so quit makin excuses for him(Minor)!!!!

Just got Home. What a game. Minor vs Hayes. Forrest and McKenzie.

Hayes was pumped. After hearing how the Forrest players had run thier pie holes he went out and shut it up for them. After the first batter from Forrest watched the first fast ball go by he looked back to the dug as to say we are in trouble and they were.

Hayes was on fire. The fast ball was to much for Forrest and that was the difference. Hats off to both teams and Congads from Huntingdon to the

McKenzie Rebels.

NO FORREST PLAYERS RAN THEIR PIEHOLES