Private Schools Still Dominant

I wasn`t suggesting that they are not taught christian values at home. I`m merely suggesting that schools like TCA foster taking Christ out of public schools. Some religious groups are even promoting the idea that all Christians should take their kids out of public schools.

What I am saying is that I am very comfortable in my kids christian values to send them to public schools.I never asked the reason you send yours to TCA. I did say that I have heard some people say the reason they send them to a school like TCA is because of the christian education. Again..I`m comfortable with the christian upbringing mine get at church and home. The public schools need christians to be a part of it and not abandon it. If you don`t mind, what was your reason to send them there just curious. Also was it deciding between TCA and a public school or TCA and another private school?

Christians can complain all they want about Christ being taken out of public schools, but when they abandon them then they are in esscence doing the same thing.

I will say that many times, the Christian aspect is the not the one and only reason for sending kids to a private. Some kids need the attention, structure, and discipline. Some need to be pushed. Some that might not be able to participate in a particular sport at a public might be able to do so at a smaller private. From my experience at a Chistrian based private ... very, very few were there for the Christian education only.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point about how TCA really stunk until a couple of years ago. ;):D

That`s what happens when you get good. It`s sad but true though. It`s so ridiculous! No one has ever cared about TCA until they had a really good couple of years. It just so happened that they have a really great group coming through right now. The same things happen at public schools. very so often they have a great group come through. If Renfroe doesn`t hit that HR in the 7th, we`d probably be congratulating Forrest. That`s nothing but good competitive softball.

Congrats to TCA on a great season. Maybe we could get you guys on our schedule next season here at Forrest. :P

I wasn`t suggesting that they are not taught christian values at home. I`m merely suggesting that schools like TCA foster taking Christ out of public schools. Some religious groups are even promoting the idea that all Christians should take their kids out of public schools.

What I am saying is that I am very comfortable in my kids christian values to send them to public schools.I never asked the reason you send yours to TCA. I did say that I have heard some people say the reason they send them to a school like TCA is because of the christian education. Again..I`m comfortable with the christian upbringing mine get at church and home. The public schools need christians to be a part of it and not abandon it. If you don`t mind, what was your reason to send them there just curious. Also was it deciding between TCA and a public school or TCA and another private school?

Christians can complain all they want about Christ being taken out of public schools, but when they abandon them then they are in esscence doing the same thing.