Private Schools Still Dominant

No matter how you multiply, the private schools will continue to dominate.

Class A - Trinity Christian Academy (private)

Class AA - Goodpasture (private)

Class AAA - Soddy Daisy (public)

Just be glad we don't have private schools in AAA or we would take this division also.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

philmeyer,

I must have been typing while you were posting this because I just posted this same question under a different thread. Someone please help me understand why TSSAA refuses to put the private schools in their own division. Is it money? Is it because their kids (TSSAA directors) go to private schools? This arguement has been going on for years and I don't mean to get the same old arguements started here because I honestly feel like we're all probably not going to change very many minds on this subject. It just seems to me like the TSSAA could solve all of this by putting the privates in their own division. They could play as many public schools as the want during the season so they could face more competetion but come tournament time, both public & private could play for their own titles. It seems very simple to me to fix this but TSSAA refuses to take that last step. WHY?

philmeyer,

I must have been typing while you were posting this because I just posted this same question under a different thread. Someone please help me understand why TSSAA refuses to put the private schools in their own division. Is it money? Is it because their kids (TSSAA directors) go to private schools? This arguement has been going on for years and I don't mean to get the same old arguements started here because I honestly feel like we're all probably not going to change very many minds on this subject. It just seems to me like the TSSAA could solve all of this by putting the privates in their own division. They could play as many public schools as the want during the season so they could face more competetion but come tournament time, both public & private could play for their own titles. It seems very simple to me to fix this but TSSAA refuses to take that last step. WHY?

AMEN. :rolleyes:

philmeyer,

why are public schools so afraid of? people try to say private schools

recruit but not all private schools do. some people send their kids to private schools to get away from the way some public are run or for myself because of my religious beliefs. public schools recruit but are not put under the mutiplier because they are called magnet schools. i know where this has been done.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Why do peple want them out A in softball? Because that makes 25 straight if I looked at it right. Final three this year even after the multiplier moved Goodpasture. It should speak for itself. It was getting that way in AA too, with Lipscomb, Notre Dame, Brentwood Academy all winning up until the partial split. If not for that, AA would have had at least three more with GPS. Biggest uproar I remember was in 1995-three classes, no split, with the champions being Father Ryan, Notre Dame and Ezell-Harding.

Edited by Indian

philmeyer,

I think this thread will be moved before 5-28-06 8:30 PM EST, some words will get it moved fast like public/private, own division, recruit, money, 1.8. hope it stays but I would not bet on it. :lol::rolleyes:

Marshall Co. and Covington gave Goodpasture about as good of game as they've had at state in the last 4 years, but it still wasn't enough because Goodpasture gets girls that they'd never get without recruiting them. The TSSAA needs to put all the privates in one division and all the publics in another. They can divide them up into A,AA, & AAA. This would give more teams a shot at winning a state title.

If you were at the softball games you'd notice that more people would watch A,AA,&AAA then watch DII.

These other teams have the same opportunity as Goodpasture...it is called PRACTICE....working hard at something you like to do.....HARD WORK....last time I checked had nothing to do with Public/Private school......It comes from within.....these girls worked hard to earn their 4 State Championships.....and they should be praised for their hard work......and if you were there watching those games between Covington and Marshall Co....the win could have gone to anyone of the teams on any given day.....These games were not handed to the Cougars....they stepped up and did what had to be done.......Good Job Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

As far as the recruiting comment....you really don't have a clue!!!!

I really don' have a big problem with the privates being in the same class with publics in softball or baseball. With only 3 classes...they are large enough for the publics to compete. One player...especially a dominant pitcher...can make or break a team's chances. Football is another matter.