Top Girls Soccer Players in Tennessee

mjuhb

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on what they are going to do about a men's coach at Tusculum?

Tusculum will begin a search for a new men's head coach in Jan.

The status of the players from this years team for next year is a question mark. Since the school did not investigate the incident, they have no idea who was guilty. They "requested" the coach's resignation, held all the players (innocent and guilty) responsible and cancelled the season. All scholarships will be re-evaluated at the end of the year and it will be up the AD and new coach which players stay and who goes. No idea how they will make any kind of fair decision since the Athletic Director botched the whole thing from the beginning.

It is a shame - Tusculum men looked good in pre-season play. The woman's team by the way is in the Elite 8 this year.

Edited by Ilovethisgame

Any news on what they are going to do about a men's coach at Tusculum?

I only know what I have read. Tusculum is looking for a new head coach. Sounds like Ilovethisgame has more info on the subject.

ETSU is hiring a head coach for their new men's D1 program to start next year. The position is on their web site.

I only know what I have read. Tusculum is looking for a new head coach. Sounds like Ilovethisgame has more info on the subject.

ETSU is hiring a head coach for their new men's D1 program to start next year. The position is on their web site.

One rumor I have heard is that Allen Vitale from Carson-Newman will move on to ETSU and Tony Castainca will go to Carson-Newman. Just rumors though.

One rumor I have heard is that Allen Vitale from Carson-Newman will move on to ETSU and Tony Castainca will go to Carson-Newman. Just rumors though.

I have heard that Allen wanted to go back to Tusculum, but perhaps the pull of a Division 1 program changed his mind.

Interesting thought about Carson Newman and Coach C. Do you think he would move?

Tusculum will begin a search for a new men's head coach in Jan.

The status of the players from this years team for next year is a question mark. Since the school did not investigate the incident, they have no idea who was guilty. They "requested" the coach's resignation, held all the players (innocent and guilty) responsible and cancelled the season. All scholarships will be re-evaluated at the end of the year and it will be up the AD and new coach which players stay and who goes. No idea how they will make any kind of fair decision since the Athletic Director botched the whole thing from the beginning.

It is a shame - Tusculum men looked good in pre-season play. The woman's team by the way is in the Elite 8 this year.

I watched the Tusculum team play about a week before all this happened and they were extremely good, easily a match for LMU and CN. I really think highly of both Tony Castainca and Louis Thorpe and I truly hope both land on their feet very soon.

I didn't realize there was no contemporaneous investigation up there. I think everyone assumed an investigation had been accomplished, first because that's what should have happened and, second, due to the incredible speed and severity of the sanctions imposed. I assumed that the administration had undertaken some form of review and had determined culpability on the part of the two coaches as well as the involved players. In retrospect, it now sounds like two very fine and dedicated coaches (and men) may have been treated rather hastily and poorly. The swift firings and season suspension made for good "doing-right" copy in the media but, given this information, I wonder how many competant coaches will rush for the opportunity to work in a climate that apparently hung everyone found near the scene of the crime before investigating the facts and giving them a fair trial. :angry:

I watched the Tusculum team play about a week before all this happened and they were extremely good, easily a match for LMU and CN. I really think highly of both Tony Castainca and Louis Thorpe and I truly hope both land on their feet very soon.

I didn't realize there was no contemporaneous investigation up there. I think everyone assumed an investigation had been accomplished, first because that's what should have happened and, second, due to the incredible speed and severity of the sanctions imposed. I assumed that the administration had undertaken some form of review and had determined culpability on the part of the two coaches as well as the involved players. In retrospect, it now sounds like two very fine and dedicated coaches (and men) may have been treated rather hastily and poorly. The swift firings and season suspension made for good "doing-right" copy in the media but, given this information, I wonder how many competant coaches will rush for the opportunity to work in a climate that apparently hung everyone found near the scene of the crime before investigating the facts and giving them a fair trial. :angry:

My son is (was) a member of the team. I am privy to all the ugly details but I'm not sure the girls soccer forum is the appropriate place for discussion. However, you have a very astute assessment of the facts. Suffice it to say, 2 coaches and many innocent young players had their careers ruined and reputations tainted by the actions of a few dishonest individuals and the knee-jerk, gastapo-like action of the AD. No investigation was ever done! I would gladly sign up as a Plus Member and post on the boys forum if anyone wants to discuss further.