Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

i think it will end up like this

1) westmoreland

2)smith county

3)upperman

4)york

it will come down just the way it did last year but i think those westmoreland boys will play alot better than they did last year and pull out a win...

I think it will end up exactly the same except I believe the game this year between WHS and SCHS will alot closer than a 21-0 score cause it is super hard to win Westmoreland cause I know from experience.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westmoreland will be tough to beat this year. They didnt lose many players but they still have some question marks. If they can fix those marks then they are my pick for the region in a close one against Smith Countyin Westmoreland in week 8.

Smith County is returnin alot of their skills positions, but their O Line is a little inexperienced. Upperman will surely shock some heads this year and i am lookin forward to the Upperman Westmoreland game week 3 at Westmoreland. York will be down this year but i still see them as makin the playoffs as the 4th seed. Cannon wasnt very good last year and they basically lost their starters to graduation. Jackson is gonna be a little better with a new coach. Hopefully they can turn that program around. It is gonna be a good season this year and the battle for the top 3 could go any way! Good luck to all teams this year and represent region 4-2A proud!

Westmoreland will be tough to beat this year. They didnt lose many players but they still have some question marks. If they can fix those marks then they are my pick for the region in a close one against Smith Countyin Westmoreland in week 8.

Smith County is returnin alot of their skills positions, but their O Line is a little inexperienced. Upperman will surely shock some heads this year and i am lookin forward to the Upperman Westmoreland game week 3 at Westmoreland. York will be down this year but i still see them as makin the playoffs as the 4th seed. Cannon wasnt very good last year and they basically lost their starters to graduation. Jackson is gonna be a little better with a new coach. Hopefully they can turn that program around. It is gonna be a good season this year and the battle for the top 3 could go any way! Good luck to all teams this year and represent region 4-2A proud!

Our O-line will be better this year than last. Only question mark right now is D-line. :)

I think it will end up exactly the same except I believe the game this year between WHS and SCHS will alot closer than a 21-0 score cause it is super hard to win Westmoreland cause I know from experience.

You got that right. It is hard to win at Westmoreland. I played there my junior year and we were winning 21-0 at the half and ended up losing 31-28 and had three touchdowns called back in the second half, and didn't end up scoring on any of those drives. It seems like Westmoreland has there own set of officials that does their home games. lol.

You got that right. It is hard to win at Westmoreland. I played there my junior year and we were winning 21-0 at the half and ended up losing 31-28 and had three touchdowns called back in the second half, and didn't end up scoring on any of those drives. It seems like Westmoreland has there own set of officials that does their home games. lol.

You said that not me. I am not getting into officiating. I just know that is tough place to go into and win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watch out for the underdogs this year. Jackson Co. with a new coach they could be stronger this year. Cannon Co. has already proved they can play ball, look at the big win against those rather fast Taft Youth Center boys. They beat them bad. That is usually pretty hard to do.

Jimmy Maynord could take a group of monkeys and train them to play football. I have watched him take teams to the playoffs since I was in elementary school. I watched him take the Upperman Bees to the semifinals 10l years or so ago. It rained, it sleeted and it snowed all in one game but those players played with all of the intensity that high schoolers had. He is one of the best, if not the best coach, in this region. Watch out for him to become a college coach at some point. He would make a great one!!!!

1. Smith Co.

2. Westmoreland

3. Cannon Co.

4. York or Upperman

5. Jackson Co.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have anymore to say on this thread since we are now in week 3?

My opinion the game next week with SC/York looks like the region championship to me. Yes the Owls still have to go to Westmoreland, but York has really put up some big numbers the 1st few weeks. I would like to see the region even out alittle better. :lol:

Just thought I would bring this one back from the dead!!!! :lol:

Edited by glover