1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

#1 - crockett

#2 -dyersburg

#3- obion

#4 - ripley

#5 - covington

#6 - haywood

#7 - dyer co

i think obion and dyersburg could be swapped around...im lookin for central to have a pretty good year this year and think they might be a little underestimated...good luck to all teams in 7-3a !!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 - crockett

#2 -dyersburg

#3- obion

#4 - ripley

#5 - covington

#6 - haywood

#7 - dyer co

i think obion and dyersburg could be swapped around...im lookin for central to have a pretty good year this year and think they might be a little underestimated...good luck to all teams in 7-3a !!!!

Thanks for the props GCPioneer. People are underestimating Obion Central. They have 19 seniors returning this season; many of whom are three year starters. Last years 3-7 record is a little misleading because four of those losses were by a combined nine points (Dresden-3, Gibson Co.-1, Haywood-4, and Chester Co.-1). Hopefully, with all the senior leadership returning those losses will turn into wins.

Edited by rebfan65

Thanks for the props GCPioneer. People are underestimating Obion Central. They have 19 seniors returning this season; many of whom are three year starters. Last years 3-7 record is a little misleading because four of those losses were by a combined eight points (Dresden-2, Gibson Co.-1, Haywood-4, and Chester Co.-1). Hopefully, with all the senior leadership returning those losses will turn into wins.

no problem...i have a few friends that play on central and wish them awesome luck this year...GOOD LUCK B)

Good luck to the Pioneers. Looking forward to a good game in week three. :thumb:

ah thanks...unfortunately ive heard quite a bit of bad news for us we have lost 2 starting olinemen for the year and another dlinemen until about week 7 or 8..im hopin for the best of us tho this year...will have to have several underclassmen step it up big time...gibson co. and obion co. have been classic games the past two years for sure and hope for another great game with yall!

:lol: I beg to differ. If covington is about as good as they were last year, everyone else had better look out. Afterall, they played in the semifinals in 2005. Go with a winner. Be a charger!!!

covington will be good no dout but so will crockett and dyersburg. all three squads are in the playoffs every year... but if you go bye the smack talking on here byu crocketts player and fans then they are a shoe in folowed by covington,,, talk is good but until you beat the best in your region you are still onley second best and third best i believe the region was

dyersburg #1

covingtyon#2

crockett#3

haywood#4

this is a great region and on any given night any team that lines up can be beat ask dyersburg 1rst round by 4rth place team, covington getting beat by obion not nocking obion they have alot of tallent but covington had trouble with dyercounty as well... crockett lost to dyersburg by 21 and that was cause the dogs was called off in the third quater...and covington beat crockett twice last year so every one wants to do great butt the talking is done on the field not on coach t TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST FIRST BEAT THE BEST

Edited by high school sports fan

I've heard some rumors about Team Tinkle...How about official word on the broadcast teams and which radio stations will be covering who...

Some details are still being finalized but Obion County will again be heard on 104.9, Weakley County schools will be covered on 101.3, and Union City will be heard this year on 105.7 with their veteran broadcast team in the booth.

ah thanks...unfortunately ive heard quite a bit of bad news for us we have lost 2 starting olinemen for the year and another dlinemen until about week 7 or 8..im hopin for the best of us tho this year...will have to have several underclassmen step it up big time...gibson co. and obion co. have been classic games the past two years for sure and hope for another great game with yall!

Who are the injured players?

:):huh: Due to the nature of the game, the extended playoff system throws many question marks as to who will finish the strongest when all is said and done. Certainly there are many great teams in region 7 and to pick one at this point is just for fun. With that said, I believe that there are four and possibly five teams from region 7 that could make it to the third round or beyond. I do not believe that there is a clear cut favorite going into 2006.Injuries play such huge role in football that it really is not fair to believe that any one team is "The Best".

covington will be good no dout but so will crockett and dyersburg. all three squads are in the playoffs every year... but if you go bye the smack talking on here byu crocketts player and fans then they are a shoe in folowed by covington,,, talk is good but until you beat the best in your region you are still onley second best and third best i believe the region was

dyersburg #1

covingtyon#2

crockett#3

haywood#4

this is a great region and on any given night any team that lines up can be beat ask dyersburg 1rst round by 4rth place team, covington getting beat by obion not nocking obion they have alot of tallent but covington had trouble with dyercounty as well... crockett lost to dyersburg by 21 and that was cause the dogs was called off in the third quater...and covington beat crockett twice last year so every one wants to do great butt the talking is done on the field not on coach t TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST FIRST BEAT THE BEST

Who are the injured players?

Brian Michaels and (Jon Ward All Region heard he will be back at the end of this month) and Reggie Edwards on the DLine which i heard he should be back sometime durin season...so Reggie and Jon should be back from what i understand this year but not for sure bout brian and all 3 are seniors

Edited by GCPioneer