WHHS RICKY LADD SIGNS

timbdp

man, he could not have been offered by any d-1 or 1-aa schools because you can never pass up a big scholarship to go to a d-3 school for free...

IS he as good as everyone made him out to be??? never saw him play just heard about him because i was told that he was an sec/acc talent.. so now i am wondering how he signs d-3 this late in the year..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a talented football player! He really pulled white house out of trouble a few times and really was the reason they won most games...... He did something right, the chearleeders had signs that said R-I-C-K-Y...... He prob didnt go D1 because his legs were so tired of carrying whitehouse all these years. :blink:

Ricky Ladd was an outstanding high school football player who CARRIED the White House Blue Devils to the state quarterfinals of the playoffs this past year. He put up great numbers as a junior but he also had a solid supporting cast that year as well. I believe Ladd is going to succeed at the college level and I wish him the best. He had the game to play at the D-IAA level but as far as D-IA goes?????? He could have played in the Sun Belt I guess. As far as Ladd being an ACC or SEC caliber player I would have to say no. He isn't the physical presence that can cover the big receivers at that level as a DB and as a RB he does not have near the body to withstand the punishment on a weekly basis.

That's just my opinion :blink:

As far as Ladd being an ACC or SEC caliber player I would have to say no. He isn't the physical presence that can cover the big receivers at that level as a DB and as a RB he does not have near the body to withstand the punishment on a weekly basis.

That's just my opinion :lol:

Whether Ricky could have played SEC or ACC is hard to say and will most likely never be known. There's plenty of players that have had successful careers that played at Ricky's size. Can Gaston Miller play SEC ball? Vandy thinks so. I remember JJ McKlusky from UT a few years back that was tiny but had a huge UT career and then had a successful pro career. Go stand on any sideline at any college game and notice the size of many of the players. Most often many of the players won't nearly measure up to the specs listed in the team programs. As was said, it's all about opinions........ :lol: