Tennessee Non-Conference

Guest dare_2_dream

So I guess you are going to tell me the Swamp is? Fiirst question, have you been to a game at Neyland or the Swamp?

Been to Neyland but havent been to the Swamp. Im sitting by 10 of MTSU's players and they are all saying the Swamp is the loudest in all the country. They say its always loud and you cant hear anything on the field because they fans are always cheering. They said Neyland is loud but it just doesnt compare to the Swamp. Ill take their word on it, and they have been too both before. They also said that Neyland ranks about 3rd in the SEC in noise.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are sitting by a 5th year senior, then no one there has ever played at Neyland. Don't know how much validity I can give that.

That said, I will admit, that unless it's a big game, a vast majority of UT fans in the stadium don't get into it.

Edited by Solomon

Guest dare_2_dream

Unless you are sitting by a 5th year senior, then no one there has ever played at Neyland. Don't know how much validity I can give that.

That said, I will admit, that unless it's a big game, a vast majority of UT fans in the stadium don't get into it.

Some of them grew up in Florida and were lucky enough to go to the Swamp, others have family and things who attend UT so they have their ways. They said they would dread a trip to the Swamp a lot more.

Guest dare_2_dream

According to Rivals, the list goes as follows:

1. Lane Stadium VA Tech

2. Tiger Stadium LSU

3. Ohio Stadium Ohio State University

4. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Florida

5. Beaver Stadium Penn State

.. Neyland doesnt crack the top 5 or even the top 10?

According to Rivals, the list goes as follows:

1. Lane Stadium VA Tech

2. Tiger Stadium LSU

3. Ohio Stadium Ohio State University

4. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Florida

5. Beaver Stadium Penn State

.. Neyland doesnt crack the top 5 or even the top 10?

Which goes against every other one of these lists that has ever come out where Neyland has ranked in the top 3.

I've been to multiple games at Neyland and the Swamp, and they are similar for big games. The difference is that if MTSU visited Neyland, it would be quieter as opposed to if they visited the Swamp.

As for LSU, they are still living off of that seismograph reading in the late 90s. I've been to a game there (as a neutral fan for that matter) and found it rather, well, boring to say the least. I've barely been able to hear myself think in Neyland and the Swamp before, and Tiger stadium wasn't that loud at all.

Edited by Solomon

Death Valley is a BEAST... im guessing you must have went to a 11 a.m. Jefferson Pilot game if you said that Death Valley is boring Solomon (and you would still be wrong)... i mean us and Penn State every year battle for best tailgate... every annoucer says toughest place to play... kickers are cursed... cheers for every down... never quiet! i guess you love hearing Rocky Top 100 times a game and think thats cool... My favorite scene ever of Neyland was when UGA scooped and scored a fumble right before half time bout 3 years ago and they showed everyones faces and how quiet the stadium got... PRICELESS!!!

Quotes about Death Valley

Edited by chsmotion11

Death Valley is a BEAST... im guessing you must have went to a 11 a.m. Jefferson Pilot game if you said that Death Valley is boring Solomon (and you would still be wrong)... i mean us and Penn State every year battle for best tailgate... every annoucer says toughest place to play... kickers are cursed... cheers for every down... never quiet! i guess you love hearing Rocky Top 100 times a game and think thats cool... My favorite scene ever of Neyland was when UGA scooped and scored a fumble right before half time bout 3 years ago and they showed everyones faces and how quiet the stadium got... PRICELESS!!!

Quotes about Death Valley

Actually, I was at a "Saturday Night Game in Death Valley" watching LSU and Bama in 2004. You know, the game where the LSU receiver knocked down the Bama DB in the endzone and no offensive pass interference was called.

Edited by Solomon

Guest dare_2_dream

Which goes against every other one of these lists that has ever come out where Neyland has ranked in the top 3.

I've been to multiple games at Neyland and the Swamp, and they are similar for big games. The difference is that if MTSU visited Neyland, it would be quieter as opposed to if they visited the Swamp.

As for LSU, they are still living off of that seismograph reading in the late 90s. I've been to a game there (as a neutral fan for that matter) and found it rather, well, boring to say the least. I've barely been able to hear myself think in Neyland and the Swamp before, and Tiger stadium wasn't that loud at all.

Its all a matter of opinion. Night time, it goes to LSU because them rowdy folks have plenty of time to get drunk. Day time, it goes to the Swamp. If no one is playing at Tiger Stadium or the Swamp, then its Neyland.

Its all a matter of opinion. Night time, it goes to LSU because them rowdy folks have plenty of time to get drunk. Day time, it goes to the Swamp. If no one is playing at Tiger Stadium or the Swamp, then its Neyland.

A lot depends on who UT is playing too. It can get really, really loud there. It's just not as consistent as the other two.