Will Jefferson County fare better this year than last

jchspats07

The only person I can think of that you could be talking about is Justin Anderson(Gut for the Jeff County people), and he coaches the offensive line. As far as I know he is still coaching at Jeff County. Coach Euverard has always coached the QB's and called the plays on offense. I think little Brimmer helped some from the press box last year, but I don`t know that I would call him a coordinator.

Coach Anderson is still there. There were a few coaches in the box last year but they were not calling any plays.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, Giles is headed to Catholic. Best of luck to Jacob, he has worked hard and deserves whatever success he may have.

Giles to Catholic, Lowery to West....so where's the third of the trio headed? Has Dooley given up football for soccer and if not where does he plan to play?

As far as I know, Giles is headed to Catholic. Best of luck to Jacob, he has worked hard and deserves whatever success he may have.

Giles to Catholic, Lowery to West....so where's the third of the trio headed? Has Dooley given up football for soccer and if not where does he plan to play?

I'm not sure about Dooley. I've heard he might give football up. I've also heard that he doesn't want to switch schools.

I would like to see Jefferson County do well also. The games between them and Oak Ridge where some of the most anticipated games of the mid 80 to late 80's

That team they had in 1987 was one of the best around.

Does anyone know what ever happend to Joe West and Kenny Mattison? They were two great running backs.

It didn't get cancalled. We did pretty good. :huh: Could have done a lot better. A few dropped passes and a few interceptions. Sherrod wasn't there so that was a big loss. Unfortunately I don't think he is going to be there tomorrow either.

I would like to see Jefferson County do well also. The games between them and Oak Ridge where some of the most anticipated games of the mid 80 to late 80's

That team they had in 1987 was one of the best around.

Does anyone know what ever happend to Joe West and Kenny Mattison? They were two great running backs.

You are right. Joe and Kenny were both great backs. Joe hurt his knee in the second quarter of the Oak Ridge game his senior year (1st game of the year). He later went on to Appy State and played there for a couple of years before another injury. I think he finished his career at Carson-Newman. Joe is now a police officer in Jefferson City. He probably would have been the best running back in JCHS history had he not been injured. He had already rushed for over 120 yards and 2 TDs that night.

Kenny went on to play at MTSU. They switched him to defensive back, but I don't think he got much playing time. I do know that he blocked 5 punts in a season while there. Last time I saw Kenny was 6 years ago. He was living and working somewhere in Morristown. Both of these guys are super great people and were great high school running backs.