Oliver Springs Head Coach?

Fromrange

It's been over two months since Johnson resigned. What's taking so long in naming a new coach. Rumor was that Mckamey was in line to succeed him but I heard the other day that Tony Lambert (former AC D.Coordinator) and Todd Hood (Clarksville??) had applied. Anyone have any insight?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been over two months since Johnson resigned. What's taking so long in naming a new coach. Rumor was that Mckamey was in line to succeed him but I heard the other day that Tony Lambert (former AC D.Coordinator) and Todd Hood (Clarksville??) had applied. Anyone have any insight?

Word on the street, is that the coach will be named when the players return from the dead period. Muffin, they are in capable hands up to this point, and the new coach will not pose any problems for the upcoming season. Coach Johnson and Coach McKamey have been overseeing all of the practices and workouts so far.

Edited by catback

Word on the street, is that the coach will be named when the players return from the dead period. Muffin, they are in capable hands up to this point, and the new coach will not pose any problems for the upcoming season. Coach Johnson and Coach McKamey have been overseeing all of the practices and workouts so far.

In capable hands? That's fine and dandy if it's February! A new coach will have his hands full and a very short time to work with. Who is making the decision-AD, Principle, or community? Why wait until the end of dead period, must be a teaching issue or is football taking a back seat? Catback, do you mean Frank is still working with the program?

In capable hands? That's fine and dandy if it's February! A new coach will have his hands full and a very short time to work with. Who is making the decision-AD, Principle, or community? Why wait until the end of dead period, must be a teaching issue or is football taking a back seat? Catback, do you mean Frank is still working with the program?

I think I can answer all your questions once the coach has been announced, I don't want to speculate right now. Yes, Frank was active in the spring practice, along with Coach McKamey. Since then, the boys have been under the asst. coaches during weight lifting activities, including Coach McKamey.

I think I can answer all your questions once the coach has been announced, I don't want to speculate right now. Yes, Frank was active in the spring practice, along with Coach McKamey. Since then, the boys have been under the asst. coaches during weight lifting activities, including Coach McKamey.

So, Catback, make your prediction for the up coming season. How will the mighty bobcats fair without the direction of the infamous Johnson and the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Will they still be a power team? Can they beat or compete with Loudon and Alcoa?

So, Catback, make your prediction for the up coming season. How will the mighty bobcats fair without the direction of the infamous Johnson and the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Will they still be a power team? Can they beat or compete with Loudon and Alcoa?

Oliver Springs like a lot of schools lost a lot of key players to graduation, but, they also have a fair number of starters coming back. I think they will still run out of the I formation, and , make you stop the run. If the spring scrimmage was any indication, they will also have other offensive formations to utilize. The defense should be solid as usual. As far as making a prediction about Alcoa, come on, I don't think any team or fans can predict a victory over Alcoa, I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, as for Loudon, I don't know anything about their team this year, I do know they had a good team last year.

Edited by catback

Coach Lambert did not apply for the OS HC position, though he was approached about the possibility of applying from "some OS people". I heard it from the horse's mouth "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Oliver Springs' program, but I am not interested." I wonder if he ends up coaching some where in Anderson County year after next? :lol:

Edited by Black Shirts

Coach Lambert did not apply for the OS HC position, though he was approached about the possibility of applying from "some OS people". I heard it from the horse's mouth "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Oliver Springs' program, but I am not interested." I wonder if he ends up coaching some where in Anderson County year after next? :lol:

Congratulations Bobcat fans, for you who were opposed to an outsider, Randy McKamey has withdrawn from consideration. You can stop crying about his presence in the weight room. School administrators can stop searching for character flaws, because they were not there.

P.S. Your football field is turning brown.

Congratulations Bobcat fans, for you who were opposed to an outsider, Randy McKamey has withdrawn from consideration. You can stop crying about his presence in the weight room. School administrators can stop searching for character flaws, because they were not there.

P.S. Your football field is turning brown.

I heard the same thing today but thought it was just rumor. Has this been verified? What a loss-any news on why he withdrew? Something crazy was going on, I could tell. I am still confused as to why they have not named a coach. As I said earlier, if it was February I might understand the delay-but July 1st?? If the rumor is true, then maybe bobcat fans can request an extention on their 1st game. There is no way they can get ready with the time remaining.