Oliver Springs Head Coach?

Fromrange

If McKamey is now at AC, then why was he seen on the OS campus this evening helping during the conditioning? I am very curious how much all of this is true. I still think there must be a hitch to why he is not already hired.....maybe he is only certifitied to teach a spot OSHS doesn't have. I think it will all work out. The last thing that needs to happen is people attacking the school and administration with only half of the information............too many assumptions floating around by all of these so-called Bobcat fans!!

Go Bobcats!!

Whether McKamey ends up as the coach at OS is not the point. I don't know how that will shake out. I think that after Frank Johnson announced his intention to retire before school was out , that gave the administration and board more than enough time to find a coach. And... I am not a Bobcat fan.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McKamey is now at AC, then why was he seen on the OS campus this evening helping during the conditioning? I am very curious how much all of this is true. I still think there must be a hitch to why he is not already hired.....maybe he is only certifitied to teach a spot OSHS doesn't have. I think it will all work out. The last thing that needs to happen is people attacking the school and administration with only half of the information............too many assumptions floating around by all of these so-called Bobcat fans!!

Go Bobcats!!

Vegas, sorry to inform you that you only saw Mckamey there telling the kids that he had declined the offer to be their head coach and he left early. Reliable sources (who were there) said he was very complimentary of the school and all involved and that it was a difficult decision. He was truely commited to those boys. He said it was based on a family decision but I can't help to think that he was frustrated with the lack of support from administration. No matter what we'll be there with bells on----Bring on Gatlinberg Pittman!

Sorry Cookevegas3, your the one that's wrong, Coach McKamey was at the workouts tonight to tell the boys what the situation was, and that is, that he has accepted a position at Clinton, and OS did offer him the position Friday but he had already accepted one at Clinton, these were his own words, and as far as the teaching position, the super of the roane county schools, told me Friday that the teaching position at OS was that of a health teacher, and McKamey was a qualified candidate. I have posted what I have been told by either Coach McKamey himself, or the principal Mr. Woods, and the super att. Toni Mccormick (I think is her name). In one of my post I posted the wrong information about Mr. Roberts, and I corrected it, and apologized for it! I think its you that need to get your facts straight! Before you come here and accuse someone of lying! I can't PM you because your not a Member of CoachT, if you know bbballmom, get in touch with her, she can set you straight, and even get you in contact with me. If your a true OS fan, get off your backside, and do something positive to help the situation!

Sorry Cookevegas3, your the one that's wrong, Coach McKamey was at the workouts tonight to tell the boys what the situation was, and that is, that he has accepted a position at Clinton, and OS did offer him the position Friday but he had already accepted one at Clinton, these were his own words, and as far as the teaching position, the super of the roane county schools, told me Friday that the teaching position at OS was that of a health teacher, and McKamey was a qualified candidate. I have posted what I have been told by either Coach McKamey himself, or the principal Mr. Woods, and the super att. Toni Mccormick (I think is her name). In one of my post I posted the wrong information about Mr. Roberts, and I corrected it, and apologized for it! I think its you that need to get your facts straight! Before you come here and accuse someone of lying! I can't PM you because your not a Member of CoachT, if you know bbballmom, get in touch with her, she can set you straight, and even get you in contact with me. If your a true OS fan, get off your backside, and do something positive to help the situation!

Catback, I think he told the boys that it was an Anderson County school but did not mention Clinton. My understanding was, potentially an Offensive Coordinator position at Anderson County High but nothing official yet.

I am not on here to throw stones, and none of my statements where made on this topic should have been taken as factual info. If you read it, I merely ask questions and hoped that there is a reason for the delay (thinking glass half full on hoping he still will be the coach at OS). Think about this, how much on the complete message boards is just TALK and how much is actually the truth! That is where I was coming from.

I was told he was there last night and that was it. I am wanting a coach just as bad as everyone else so we can start preparing for games instead of wondering who is taking over.

I know there are more people that know plenty more than I on this subject, but like most fans, I am READY for it to be resovled!!!!!

Catback, just so you will be happy, I will say it again since you personally know everyone including Pres. Bush......keep up the good work on this matter since you are the true source of the land of the Bobcats!!!

GO BOBCATS!!

I am not on here to throw stones, and none of my statements where made on this topic should have been taken as factual info. If you read it, I merely ask questions and hoped that there is a reason for the delay (thinking glass half full on hoping he still will be the coach at OS). Think about this, how much on the complete message boards is just TALK and how much is actually the truth! That is where I was coming from.

I was told he was there last night and that was it. I am wanting a coach just as bad as everyone else so we can start preparing for games instead of wondering who is taking over.

I know there are more people that know plenty more than I on this subject, but like most fans, I am READY for it to be resovled!!!!!

Catback, just so you will be happy, I will say it again since you personally know everyone including Pres. Bush......keep up the good work on this matter since you are the true source of the land of the Bobcats!!!

GO BOBCATS!!

I never stated that I know everything coach, YOU were the one who questioned the integrity of the post on here. I gave my sources of information in order to clarify my post, and even stated that some of it was grape-vine material and to be taken with a grain of salt. I am just a concerned parent, nothing more, nothing less. I just responded to YOUR post and accusations. You don't address any of those issues in your reply post. Next time, get your ducks in a row, before making those accusations! You state that your not on here to throw stones, but, in the same post , you throw more my way, make up your mind!

Edited by catback