Rematch: Smith County vs. Knox Catholic

Stark1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SC can win if we play a turnover free game. Our offense is improved from last year, which is a plus, but the defense will have to come ready to play if they want to even contain the Smith kid. I think the game being played at SC this year will make a differnce on how our players play. I think they will not play as tight, as they seemed to look that way going down to Knoxville. SC will have a good crowd, and our guys will be fired up, I definitly do not see a blow out this year. Owls win 35-31.

45-12 is hard to overcome when the team that won returns a ton of talent (ie Harrison Smith) :D

Last year's game really doesn't have much to do with this year. There were a lot of reasons for that 45-12 score. We'll see if SC learned from it. Catholic will be as good or better than last year. It should be a good game to see.

Edited by Antwan

I definitely think Knox Catholic will be better than last year. I too think they are a favorite for the 3A title this season. Knox Catholic was better than Smith County last year, but not as bad as the score indicated. Knox Catholic is probably supposed to be a two touchdown favorite this year. But that doesn't always mean that they will win, that's why you play the game.

I definitely think Knox Catholic will be better than last year. I too think they are a favorite for the 3A title this season. Knox Catholic was better than Smith County last year, but not as bad as the score indicated. Knox Catholic is probably supposed to be a two touchdown favorite this year. But that doesn't always mean that they will win, that's why you play the game.

I would agree KC should be a two touchdown favorite. They are very very good.

Like I said before...it will be a good barometer to see where SC is. This is not a must win game for SC. I do hope SC shows up this year...because last year...they didn't.

Playing at Smith Co will help. This game will not be a blow out, but Knox Catholic wins.

Playing at Smith Co will help. This game will not be a blow out, but Knox Catholic wins.

I believe playing in the HOLE will help some for our players, but we still have to come out and play ball regardless of where we are playing or who we are playing for that matter. Just remember that on any given day or night anything can happen in football the better team does not always win.

I believe playing in the HOLE will help some for our players, but we still have to come out and play ball regardless of where we are playing or who we are playing for that matter. Just remember that on any given day or night anything can happen in football the better team does not always win.

Smith Co always plays as hard as any team. They will be ready and the atmosphere will be great.