Db vs South

readnoevil

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a South fan i was majorly disappointed with Souths gameplan last night, Unfortunatly i had to work but listened on the radio and it sounded like the Curt Phillips show to nowhere. We have a great QB but why try to win the game with ONE man, I heard and as well was told by family that went it was UGLY. South should rebound and do ok in the MLC but that was a serioussly 1 sided ball game. i think South didnt come prepared for this rivalry game and got outplayed hands down, Hats off to Db for an Awesome game and gameplan.

I also heard that Jeffers the back up Qb got some more playing time in the latter part of the second half and looked pretty good also.

Go BIG BLUE!!

One game does not a season, player or coach make.

Oh contrar my man....one game DOES a season make if you live south of the Patrick Henry dam. I live in colonial hgts and the place could be leveled by a nuke but all would be well as long as they beat DB in football.

By the way, regarding the posts about Duran Furgason, he had a great arm, strong enough to pitch BB at a D-1 school. His arm wasn't what kept him from being recruited for football.

So tell us oh wise one. What DID keep him from being recruited for football? Sounds like you should have been the one calling the game plan last night since you have such a keen football eye.

He looks to have the other desireable QB assets the Furgason didn't. Time will tell.

Lets not wait for time to tell us about other desirable assets. Please do fill us in. What are those other "desirable" assets?

Being a South fan i was majorly disappointed with Souths gameplan last night, Unfortunatly i had to work but listened on the radio and it sounded like the Curt Phillips show to nowhere. We have a great QB but why try to win the game with ONE man, I heard and as well was told by family that went it was UGLY. South should rebound and do ok in the MLC but that was a serioussly 1 sided ball game. i think South didnt come prepared for this rivalry game and got outplayed hands down, Hats off to Db for an Awesome game and gameplan.

I also heard that Jeffers the back up Qb got some more playing time in the latter part of the second half and looked pretty good also.

Go BIG BLUE!!

JEFFERS! JEFFERS!

Wow, DB is REALLY good! I watched the game on internet, very impressed with this years Indians. We always pull for DB when not playing the Cats. I knew you guys were good, but to be honest I was hoping you weren't that darn good. I think the two teams are opposite of last year. DB very deep, experienced. Oak Ridge talented but very young. Exact opposite of last year. Good luck Indians, take it easy on us at the "Ship" will ya. Hope Salyer is allright, he looked like he would be fine, just wondering.

Edited by ORidgeKat

Wow, DB is REALLY good! I watched the game on internet, very impressed with this years Indians. We always pull for DB when not playing the Cats. I knew you guys were good, but to be honest I was hoping you weren't that darn good. I think the two teams are opposite of last year. DB very deep, experienced. Oak Ridge talented but very young. Exact opposite of last year. Good luck Indians, take it easy on us at the "Ship" will ya. Hope Salyer is allright, he looked like he would be fine, just wondering.

2 Weeks Oak Ridge!! Can't wait to get back to the SHIP!!

ROLL CATS ROLL

ROLL TRIBE TRIBE

Thanks for the kind words Kat.

It really don't matter how young you guys are or how experienced we are or visa versa. We all know when DB & Oak Ridge gets together it could go either way. Bearden is up next though, and I here their pretty good this year. Could be a tough game in between South and Oak Ridge. I hope the Indians don't get caught looking back or ahead.

Waco, is Salyer ok? I saw him go down, then walk off, it looked like he'll be fine, heard anything. Yeah, OR DB is really a fun night for both programs. I think when you follow your team as closely as you and I do, sometimes the grass just seems greener on the other side. I guess it's because we know the strengths and weaknesses and concerns that outsiders would never pick up on just watching the game. But you guys looked terrific against South. If had to fill in this blank with a year what would it be. This could be the best DB team since the _____ squad. Whaddya think?

But as usual the Cats will find some freshman RB that will play for what seems like 10 years! You guys seem to always find that kid that can shred defenses and break off a 50 yard run and kill us for the next 4 years. Gulmire, Booker, and the list goes on. My hope is the Tribe has a guy that will emerge in Barnes and Sylvester. DB has missed that great runner the last few years. I thought Stephen Moten would be the man but unfortunately he transfered.