CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that Wilson Central lost a lot of great players but they still have lots of great players. I really think Central will surprise some people this year by still being strong. The boys have played together a long time and are winners. While it hurts to lose the head coach and defense cord they don't get to take snaps or make tackles. It is the players that have to play. The defense will be strong and Scott will run any offense he is asked to run with efficiency. I look for another winning season and contending for the region. It is a very tough region from top to bottom so everyone has to play every week.

It is true that Wilson Central lost a lot of great players but they still have lots of great players. I really think Central will surprise some people this year by still being strong. The boys have played together a long time and are winners. While it hurts to lose the head coach and defense cord they don't get to take snaps or make tackles. It is the players that have to play. The defense will be strong and Scott will run any offense he is asked to run with efficiency. I look for another winning season and contending for the region. It is a very tough region from top to bottom so everyone has to play every week.

What type of offense are you running?

What type of offense are you running?

I 'think' they are gonna run the Wing T also this year. Would be a good offense for Aaron Scott if he can get some RB's that can actually run the ball. Young man plays with alot of poise. He can pass when needed and has the sense to run when necessary.

I can't believe Lebanon is getting no love on this poll. They are a MUCH better team than the 0 votes they have received.

Do y'all figure it is because there is no 'lift' in the poll? :lol:

I 'think' they are gonna run the Wing T also this year. Would be a good offense for Aaron Scott if he can get some RB's that can actually run the ball. Young man plays with alot of poise. He can pass when needed and has the sense to run when necessary.

I can't believe Lebanon is getting no love on this poll. They are a MUCH better team than the 0 votes they have received.

Do y'all figure it is because there is no 'lift' in the poll? :lol:

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahha....man oh man...that crack about the lift was wayyyyyyy too funny!

Do y'all figure it is because there is no 'lift' in the poll? :o

Lebanon used to have several posters. Where have they gone?

LAVERGNE - is the clear pick to win it all

They return the offensive player and coach of the year.

predicted region finish as of july 4th 2006

lavergne - as above

lebanon - loaded with skill players in 05 all return in 06

riverdale - still solid but there aren't many gaston millers that come along

wc - return some very good players

oakland - will be improved but MUST be able to throw the ball

siegel - good news will continue to improve - bad news so is everybody above them. Don't know if coach realizes you can throw on 1st or second down you don't have to wait till third and long

blackman - 2 really good players wallace/mims MUST find a qb that can actually complete a pass over 5 yrds deep a couple times a game. hard for anybody to run against 9 or 10 man fronts.

Dont know where Smyrna will finish but

QB - pretty good shape there with probably the best pure qb in the region. Played half of 05 season with severe ankle sprain. I believe he can get the job done

RB - return both tbs from 05 who combined for 1800 yrds and around 20 tds

FB - return shadrake and day both played extensively

RECEIVER - have the top 2 receivers in the region in wilks and youree as well as the best possesion receiver around in croach who also was in the top of the region in receptions. Several others are ready to contribute including jonah and torres

Offenseive line - one div 1 prospect in Williams also get Sutherland back from injury. This is the big question mark especially at center where losing Sanchez who proved to be durable and dependable especially in snapping for the shotgun

formation. THIS GROUP HOLDS THE KEY TO 2006 all the other parts are in place.

DEFENSE

line - will be very good Quentin Allen is one of the best around and several others are ready and make this a very deep and talented group

linebackers - very solid returning shadrake and day as well as others with pt

db - good shape with hendricks a d1 type db as well as wilkes and valerio and a healthy slater to go along with croach and martin and buford who all started last year

COACHES - 4 new real football coaches have been added and have already brought a new level of expectation ( on fundamentals and execution) and enthusiasm.

Until I see how the offensive line comes together I will not make a prediction but if they do smyrna will definetly be a playoff team

r u tryin to say they cant run the ball? cause they can run the ball great its jus when coach bron bron decides to run it when he should...jerome is a very underrated back im sry...

i actuallt agree with a lot of what mcnine says I think RIverdale wins it this year i think smyrna will be second and i think lavergne will be third or fourth my iffy picks are gonna be lebanon and WC i am not getting good vibes out of WC i am hearing there is some turmoil and the transition is not very smooth so i am a little weary of that i think oakland and blackman will be about the same maybe 1 or 2 more wins but that will be their non district games...siegel isnt going to be as good as advertised in my opinion i think their 6-5 record was inflated in the fact that the 6 wins how many were against a team with a winning record but i will find out in week zero if i am right or wrong

SO here is my picking order

1. Riverdale

2. Smyrna

3. Lavergne

3. Wilson Central

4. Lebanon

5. siegel

6. Oaklnad

7. Blackman

5-7 can finsih in any order but that is what i am picking

i jus dont c u even bein close at all..but i will respect ur picks...

1. smyrna

2.riverdale

4.oakland

5.lavergne

6.siegel

7.wilson central

8.blackman

i jus dont c u even bein close at all..but i will respect ur picks...

1. smyrna

2.riverdale

4.oakland

5.lavergne

6.siegel

7.wilson central

8.blackman

our picks arent that different i have 2 number 3s and you have zero number 3s (you left out lebanon) you give more love to oakland than I do but you are a former player so i dont guess that is surprising i think WC probably wont be as good as last year but they still will be good they are still better than blackman oaklnad and siegel