Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

i actuallt agree with a lot of what mcnine says I think RIverdale wins it this year i think smyrna will be second and i think lavergne will be third or fourth my iffy picks are gonna be lebanon and WC i am not getting good vibes out of WC i am hearing there is some turmoil and the transition is not very smooth so i am a little weary of that i think oakland and blackman will be about the same maybe 1 or 2 more wins but that will be their non district games...siegel isnt going to be as good as advertised in my opinion i think their 6-5 record was inflated in the fact that the 6 wins how many were against a team with a winning record but i will find out in week zero if i am right or wrong

SO here is my picking order

1. Riverdale

2. Smyrna

3. Lavergne

3. Wilson Central

4. Lebanon

5. siegel

6. Oaklnad

7. Blackman

5-7 can finsih in any order but that is what i am picking

Edited by riverdaleman

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of today I still hold my opinion. As riverdaleman said, I heard WC isn't going to be as good as last year either. The offseason predictions this year is so hard to pick because there are so many changes and situations that has gone on.

But as of right now, the #1 and #2 team in the region will be either LaVergne or Smyrna. 1. because both teams have the most players coming back in the region, LOTS of talent. and 2. because there hasn't been any big changes for them this offseason unlike all the teams has.

I'm picking Riverdale #3 for the simple fact that they aren't the same Riverdale. TOO many changes for them to continue their reign when there are so many teams in the region on the rise and they haven't moved anywhere but down. I know. I know. They are #1 until someone beats them. They are innocent until proven guilty. Well thats why these are offseason predictions and I see them getting beat this year. If they take the #1 spot again, believe me, my hat will definately go off to them for proving me wrong. My hat will go off to anybody that takes the #1 spot because this is by far the toughest region in the state.

And #4 will be WC because I thought the whole team was good because of the dominant wing-t they was so good at running. They won't be running that this year and they are under a lot of changes like Riverdale, only not as much.

Good luck to everyteam in the region :thumb: , I have a feeling every team will be a contender, if not, atleast better than last year.

As of today I still hold my opinion. As riverdaleman said, I heard WC isn't going to be as good as last year either. The offseason predictions this year is so hard to pick because there are so many changes and situations that has gone on.

But as of right now, the #1 and #2 team in the region will be either LaVergne or Smyrna. 1. because both teams have the most players coming back in the region, LOTS of talent. and 2. because there hasn't been any big changes for them this offseason unlike all the teams has.

I'm picking Riverdale #3 for the simple fact that they aren't the same Riverdale. TOO many changes for them to continue their reign when there are so many teams in the region on the rise and they haven't moved anywhere but down. I know. I know. They are #1 until someone beats them. They are innocent until proven guilty. Well thats why these are offseason predictions and I see them getting beat this year. If they take the #1 spot again, believe me, my hat will definately go off to them for proving me wrong. My hat will go off to anybody that takes the #1 spot because this is by far the toughest region in the state.

And #4 will be WC because I thought the whole team was good because of the dominant wing-t they was so good at running. They won't be running that this year and they are under a lot of changes like Riverdale, only not as much.

Good luck to everyteam in the region :thumb: , I have a feeling every team will be a contender, if not, atleast better than last year.

Although I am biased, I believe that Oakland will be much more of a threat than everyone is making them out to be. We have the most experience in the region, check the roster, as well as the strongest line in the league. As of right now, we have 8 men benching 300. We haven't proved anything yet, but everyone will see. People call it the "Cinderella Story." I don't look at it like that. Oakland was originally the football school and Riverdale was treated like trash, we are getting back to where we were.

Although I am biased, I believe that Oakland will be much more of a threat than everyone is making them out to be. We have the most experience in the region, check the roster, as well as the strongest line in the league. As of right now, we have 8 men benching 300. We haven't proved anything yet, but everyone will see. People call it the "Cinderella Story." I don't look at it like that. Oakland was originally the football school and Riverdale was treated like trash, we are getting back to where we were.

When was RIverdale football treated like trash? yes yall won state first but we have always been superior in football over oaklnad there is only 1 class that has gone 0-4 in their 4 years at Riverdale against oakland and oakland has many classes that has gone 0-4.

Now i am glad that your lineman are getting in the weight room and working but i want to remind you of 1 thing...everybody is in the weight room geting bigger stronger and faster So good luck but i am going to respectfully disagree with you oaklnad will be about the same as last year maybe 1 or 2 more wins

I wasn't around for the first 25 or so years but the records show Oakland only having a winning streak once in the series. Oakland has never lead the series between the two schools so I'm not sure when Oakland was the football school and Riverdale was the trash.

As far as 2006 goes, everyone's got a shot at this point and I don't take anything for granted. Everbody's tied for first place right now.

The history of the Riverdale-Oakland series:

Riverdale-Oakland

I wasn't around for the first 25 or so years but the records show Oakland only having a winning streak once in the series. Oakland has never lead the series between the two schools so I'm not sure when Oakland was the football school and Riverdale was the trash.

As far as 2006 goes, everyone's got a shot at this point and I don't take anything for granted. Everbody's tied for first place right now.

The history of the Riverdale-Oakland series:

Riverdale-Oakland

My bad, I have always been told that Oakland was the best of the two schools until about 1993. Your records have proven me otherwise. All the same Oakland was the money school and now it is coming back to us.

You are going by the fact that OHS had a State championship by 93, and 2 silver balls to go with it. That was B/F the public/private split and when there were only 3 classifications which was a MAJOR feat. Oakland had more of a challenge in those days from Gallatin and Lebanon than from Riverdale.

You are going by the fact that OHS had a State championship by 93, and 2 silver balls to go with it. That was B/F the public/private split and when there were only 3 classifications which was a MAJOR feat. Oakland had more of a challenge in those days from Gallatin and Lebanon than from Riverdale.

Gallatin only played them during the regular season and gallatin usually dominated that game i was at those games when i lived in gallatin but nevertheless Riverdale has always owned oakland in football

Let's start from the top!!!

Riverdale graduated a lot of talent, but will always have talent as long as there is a good coach in town. AND THEY DO!!! But they will at least lose one district game this year, something they haven't done in seven or eight years.

Symrna is always loaded, but under-achieves according to others expectations. Will the tribe take another one from them this year. I here a lot of dawgs barking.

LaVergne is loaded with talent and bring back the top offensive player and coach. Something exciting is happening in LA.

Wilson Central lost a ton. They lost several key players, the head coach, several assistants, and Atwood (the DC). They do return the best QB in the district.

Lebanon returns their whole backfield and six linemen who have starting experience. Defensively they are loaded with speed. Don't be surpriced if they disrupt the district standings.

Oakland has all the tools to be good, but just can't be consistant from week to week. I hear rumblings in Oaktown, think god this past off seasons distractions are gone.

Siegel just runs their mouths too much and hasn't beat anyone any good yet. You guys just keep mouthing about the STARS and you may be seeing STARS. They have a proven back and many key returning starters. Their only question mark is coaching. The stars are lined up, now prove you can beat the big dawgs ( is this foreshadowing).

Blackman won the linemen challenge at Western Kentucky. They have a good back if they will block. Question mark is QB. People will load up against the run and stop mims.

My top 4 ( Not in any order)

Lavergne

Lebanon

Riverdale

Symrna