CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't take a great QB to run things for the Eagles -- all he'll need to do is lob the ball and Kottas will come down with it. :thumb:

I like BA's talent this year and I'm a homer so I voted for the Eagles, but I desperately need to do some research before the season starts. I've been in the land of the (gasp!) *other* football for a month. It doesn't compare!

WesVols

I assume you mean the Large Orange does not compare to the Elite Eight (f/k/a the Super Seven)

No, I should have clarified -- I was in Europe for a month. The "other football" referred to soccer. NOTHING compares to UT football, even after a dismal season!

• 2 weeks later...

It won't take a great QB to run things for the Eagles -- all he'll need to do is lob the ball and Kottas will come down with it. :P

I like BA's talent this year and I'm a homer so I voted for the Eagles, but I desperately need to do some research before the season starts. I've been in the land of the (gasp!) *other* football for a month. It doesn't compare!

Talent is right Wes. A new transfer from GA has the BA camp in stir like I have never seen. His name is Chris Jordan. He is a junior 6'2" 225lbs and ran a 4.3 40 this week (slightly better than Tyree). He evidently started and rushed for a bunch of yards last year as a sophomore for Norcross High School.

Talent is right Wes. A new transfer from GA has the BA camp in stir like I have never seen. His name is Chris Jordan. He is a junior 6'2" 225lbs and ran a 4.3 40 this week (slightly better than Tyree). He evidently started and rushed for a bunch of yards last year as a sophomore for Norcross High School.

What position will he play? Fullback or tailback? What on defense?

Edited by red56

Here is a link to the Kennedy Combine results from the January. Scroll down to 2008 to see Chris' results.

Kennedy Combine Results

I don't know if it's a free lind so I'll summarize:

Chris Jordan - 6'2 - 195 - 4.63 forty - 4.31 shuttle - 7.53 3 cone - 38.5 vertical - 128 broad jump

Scott Kennedy runs a pretty accurate combine. When I asked about him on the UGA premium boards, Scott said "he is BIG TIME, physically at least..." take it for what is worth. The kid should be a major contributor at BA.

Here is a link to the Kennedy Combine results from the January. Scroll down to 2008 to see Chris' results.

Kennedy Combine Results

I don't know if it's a free lind so I'll summarize:

Chris Jordan - 6'2 - 195 - 4.63 forty - 4.31 shuttle - 7.53 3 cone - 38.5 vertical - 128 broad jump

Scott Kennedy runs a pretty accurate combine. When I asked about him on the UGA premium boards, Scott said "he is BIG TIME, physically at least..." take it for what is worth. The kid should be a major contributor at BA.

Holy Cow! It took you long enough to get together some info :thumb:

He is surely bigger than 195 now. He resembles a young Herschel Walker physically.

What position will he play? Fullback or tailback? What on defense?

No one knows at this point. If he is as good as he looks "getting off the bus", he will play where ever he wants. He is a big muscular kid. Ryan White has gotten huge and ran a 4.6 (they were running on the track with no lasers), and will put up a formidable fight for the tailback job (it was planned for him to shift from FB).

No one knows at this point. If he is as good as he looks "getting off the bus", he will play where ever he wants. He is a big muscular kid. Ryan White has gotten huge and ran a 4.6 (they were running on the track with no lasers), and will put up a formidable fight for the tailback job (it was planned for him to shift from FB).

What about Ford? Will he still be the tailback or are they moving him elsewhere?

It won't take a great QB to run things for the Eagles -- all he'll need to do is lob the ball and Kottas will come down with it. :wacko:

Wes,

That was a daunting task last year...even with Kottas at WR..BA will have to have someone who can somewhat handle the ball behind center..something they lacked last year

Wes,

That was a daunting task last year...even with Kottas at WR..BA will have to have someone who can somewhat handle the ball behind center..something they lacked last year

I was talking to a BA dad yesterday. He said that if Flatt had started last year with Garrett and Kottas at WR and Bledsoe at QB they would have had a much better season. He said that Bledsoe was just getting started when their season ended. I believe that he said that he only had 5 starts.