defense 3-3 stack

eagles52

I don't believe in "stack" defenses period. Linebackers can't read squatting behind a big tackle and if you think stacking them protects them I have some blocking schemes you need to look at. The 3-5 in general is ok...get out of the stack concept.

p.s. The 3-5 is fine against the run, depending on the formation you have 7-8 men in the box

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players make the defense work not the formation. It is the coaches job to put their kids in the best situation to make a play, hence, all the various defenses used in football today.

If the 3-3 stack allows you to utilize your strengths then you need to run it. If the 3-3 doesn't utilize your defense's strengths why would you want to run it?

Players make the defense work not the formation. It is the coaches job to put their kids in the best situation to make a play, hence, all the various defenses used in football today.

If the 3-3 stack allows you to utilize your strengths then you need to run it. If the 3-3 doesn't utilize your defense's strengths why would you want to run it?

I agree the 3-3 is a personell oriented defense. The thing not mentioned in these post is that a true 3-3 team does not simply stay in a stack and play base. The 3-3 gives you the opportunity to be multiple and get in various fronts. It also is a pressure defense that allows you to blitz from anywhere while still being gap sound. A team that wants to be succesful and run this defense all the time needs to be able to get into diffrent fronts and stem in and out of these fronts. This means you will need the personell to do this. Changing personell would be a tendency for offenses to expose. And whoever says the 3-3 gives the offense blocking angles I disagree. It is harder to try to block a stack in which you do not know where they will end up, than a shade in which they are primarily responsible for the gap they are already sitting in. Just my opinion.

Edited by Mc cowboy