Volunteer Falcons

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way that North is going to handle our speed. They are just too slow for the falcons. Good luck boys, go get em. Can't wait!!

prediction:

Falcons 28

North 0

I know the Joyner kid from North is fairly quick, he's a pretty good athlete. Don't know much about anyone else in the backfield. The North linemen are massive. Both teams probably lack much depth. Who can handle 4 quarters the best in this heat?

I am picking Volunteer in this one.

Hope everyone leaves the field with no injuries.

North played a good game ill give it to them they didnt make many mistakes and they just made more big plays than we did. North will win some games this year good luck the rest of the year.

As for Volunteer played a good game up until about late 3rd qtr then after that wheels kind of fell off. Couple of Fumbles killed us. All in all it was a pretty good game on both sides. Volunteer will definatly have to step up their game to play with West. Good Luck next week!

Hats off to North, they played much better tonight then they showed in the jamboree. I guess they really were holding back some. We can't let this loss get us down. As far as the conference is concerned, this game meant nothing tonight. I thought we showed a lot of potential tonight, but there were some 1st game rough edges I'm sure we'll get ironed out. If we could have one play back in the 3rd quarter, may have been different outcome, but that's football.

Hats off to the Raiders tonight. I really thought we would get a W to open the season but sometimes you don't get what you hope for. I thought that there was a lot of bright spots for us to build on. I like the way this team plays and I think Coach Rider and his staff has them ready on Friday nights. This team can still win quite a few ballgames and have a very good season. Keep improving guys and good things will happen!

Don't know what the game plan will be next week but it better be a good one cause we've got our hands full with West. (80 points in two games against quality teams). Good Luck.

GO FALCONS!!!!

Edited by DandDD

North played mistake free football and Volunteer didn't. The Falcons fumbled at key times deep in their own territory. North busts a big run while deep in their own territory. Falcons looked strong at times in the first half but the wheels fell off in the second half. Volunteer failed to capitalize twice in the red zone due to plays coming in late and procedure penalties.

Joyner, King, and Acton looked good. North's massive line was not overpowering but they played 4 quarters of football.

Cradic, Mays, Bennett, and Barlow for Volunteer. I believe everything Cradic threw in the first half was on the money, looked very sharp, especially when he threw towards Mays. And that Barlow kid....the "Shane-Train", that was a wicked lick when he ran over the North defensive back, hope he is okay.

Good luck to both teams next week and hope everyone is healthy.

Not too many excuses now. North dominated you. I thought they were too slow? Everything Cradic threw was on the money? I saw countless throws atleast 5 feet over the peoples head he was throwing too. Volunteer is lucky that they didn't lose by worse with how they were playing.

I hope the volunteer fans didn't get too upset with us(cherokee) having just as many fans there as they did. You guys got embarassed.

Let's go north!

Yea you guys showed what kind of class you have. All decked out in Cherokee face paint and taking up space. I'm sure the North fans enjoyed you guys standing up in front of them all night, running around their cheerleaders with that homemade flag and really drawing attention away from the great job their team was doing on the field. You guys should change your name from MObuck to MOclass cause thats what you need.

Let's go anybody but Cherokee!

Not too many excuses now. North dominated you. I thought they were too slow? Everything Cradic threw was on the money? I saw countless throws atleast 5 feet over the peoples head he was throwing too. Volunteer is lucky that they didn't lose by worse with how they were playing.

I hope the volunteer fans didn't get too upset with us(cherokee) having just as many fans there as they did. You guys got embarassed.

Let's go north!

If you read my post you will see I said " Everything Cradic threw in the first half was on the money." Watch the film. No excuses here from me. If I was making excuses I would say the Refs blew a major clipping call on the long TD run. It turns out the outcome of the game did not matter based on one bad call.

You better watch the film because if you barely squeak by Rutledge ( I didn't even know they had a team ) you are in for a long season. I'm sure Volunteer Football appreciates all the gate money from you guys. North did not dominate. They played well and mistake free football, Volunteer did not.

Best of luck to both teams, and also to you guys at Cherokee.