Volunteer Falcons

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info GLee, are we scrimmaging anyone else this fall?

That's to bad about Bo. If I'm not mistaken, he won the fastest back competition at last years jamboree. To be the fastest person in region 2 is saying a lot. I remember watching his father run the ball for ETSU, and he was really good. However, I think that Barlow, and Ward will be able to step up and do just as good.

Barlow as a freshmen was unstopable.

Results of the 3-way scrimmage today......

Volunteer Varsity 0, Elizabethton Varsity 0 .

Elizabethton did move the ball a little better but had a couple of fumbles to stop drives. Volunteer defense looked pretty good, a couple of big hits by Jordan Sandidge and Wes Carpenter. Javian looked pretty good at Defensive End.

Volunteer Varsity 6, Happy Valley Varsity 0.

One long drive finally punched in on a dive play. A couple of key passes from Cradic to Bennett.

Elizabethton Varsity 16, Happy Valley Varsity 0.

Elizabethton looked pretty good in this one both running and passing.

Volunteer JV 6, Happy Valley JV 6.

Elizabethon JV 6, Volunteer JV 0.

Elizabethton JV 6, Happy Valley JV 0.

Only one notable injury to a Falcon lineman, appeared to be a ankle sprain. Anybody else got comments?

Results of the 3-way scrimmage today......

Volunteer Varsity 0, Elizabethton Varsity 0 .

Elizabethton did move the ball a little better but had a couple of fumbles to stop drives. Volunteer defense looked pretty good, a couple of big hits by Jordan Sandidge and Wes Carpenter. Javian looked pretty good at Defensive End.

Volunteer Varsity 6, Happy Valley Varsity 0.

One long drive finally punched in on a dive play. A couple of key passes from Cradic to Bennett.

Elizabethton Varsity 16, Happy Valley Varsity 0.

Elizabethton looked pretty good in this one both running and passing.

Volunteer JV 6, Happy Valley JV 6.

Elizabethon JV 6, Volunteer JV 0.

Elizabethton JV 6, Happy Valley JV 0.

Only one notable injury to a Falcon lineman, appeared to be a ankle sprain. Anybody else got comments?

I think Eliz moved the ball well against Vol. A TD pass called out that was clearly in followed by a fumbled ball around the Vol 5 and another fumble around the 50 shows that the ball was being moved pretty well. That RB better get some super glue cause I think the same guy coughed up both. Eliz's Smith was sharp at QB. Good to see and expected. Did Vol get past the 50 on Eliz?

It was a good scrimmage for both teams, but the Cyclone defense seemed to dominate the day more than any other show.

Both squads showed they had better get busy in practice. HV is in trouble. :D

Good luck :thumb:

Great job for our boys today. I think that Elizabethton (Great QB-how in the world did he not start last year?)(& good skill all the way around)and South are the two best teams in region 1 this year, and we held our own against the cowtowners today.

I was most impressed with our defense today. Coach Hastings' has really crafted together a group of players that play w/ desire, and will run to the football. Not to mention having the only coach that I know of in upper east tennessee that has been a defensive coordinator on the division 1A college level. I think we will win the close games this year behind our solid defense; compared to the last couple of years where the close ones always seemed to slip away.

Very, Very excited!!!!!!

Edited by sgoinseagle4life

I agree. Volunteer has turned a corner and will have an excellant season barring key injuries. Great job by both teams and always a pleasure to work with you guys to help us all. Great field.........looks really good. Thanks...

GO CYCLONES!!!

Great job for our boys today. I think that Elizabethton (Great QB-how in the world did he not start last year?)(& good skill all the way around)and South are the two best teams in Region 1 this year,

I think CowTown's Pless has had his hands full trying to answer that question last year and maybe even the year before. One would think a year older, a year wiser?

Any truth to the latest rumor? I heard that Josh Stuard ( spelling? ) from Rogersville will be coming to Volunteer this year. I have seen him play a couple of times for Rogersville Middle and the kid can scoot, if he gets a hole he's gone. He will be a freshman. He scored the only TD for Rogersville last year against Church Hill Middle School, CH won the game like 24-6 or something. I think I got the name right. I hear he's above average at Basketball as well. Anybody got the scoop on this? :lol:

Anyone know the time and date of the 5 rivers (region 2-AAAA) jamboree? Who will we be playing this year?

August 11th (Friday)

6 PM

Burke-Toney Stadium @ Morristown East HS

Quarter 1 Boone vs Volunteer

Quarter 2 Cherokee vs. Jefferson County

Quarter 3 Cocke County vs Morristown West

Quarter 4 David Crockett vs Morristown West

Quarter 5 Morristown East vs Greeneville